Thread: Various suggestions

Beans

Various suggestions

1. Please can we use the "report bad post" button to report posts which are in the wrong forum? According to the instructions, we can't, but its a good way to give moderators a heads up about posts in the wrong area.

2. Please make a prominent link to the "unanswered posts" page, it's vital that people can get quick access to these posts, and to give them prominence.

3. The "Post New Thread" button at the bottom of each forum is tiny, and it isn't at all obvious that what is does is to post a new thread. Can this be made bigger?

Matt

Beans

Re: Various suggestions

1. Please can we use the "report bad post" button to report posts which are in the wrong forum? According to the instructions, we can't, but its a good way to give moderators a heads up about posts in the wrong area.
    I havd been told that I should use the the "report bad post" button to report posts which are in the wrong forum but the typo never seemed to get fixed. I use it all the time.

2. Please make a prominent link to the "unanswered posts" page, it's vital that people can get quick access to these posts, and to give them prominence.
    ++

3. The "Post New Thread" button at the bottom of each forum is tiny, and it isn't at all obvious that what is does is to post a new thread. Can this be made bigger?
    Havent had a problem with this.

Good ideas keep em comming
    Edward A Robinson -- www.earobinson.org

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mattheweast
    Agreed, this is using the default vbulletin text and should be changed I will do that shortly. The report post button should be used to report posts that need to be moved.

This can be done, however it is very resource intensive. I can add the link to a prominent space but if it does start to take a toll on the database I'll need to remove it. Its always available via the search menu.

Thanks for pointing that out its now fixed.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Thanks for those, great!