Hey guys, I tried searching for this first but I'm not entirely sure how other people would 'word' the problem, so my search results turned up with nothing.

I've had this problem since I started using Ubuntu a month or two ago (I'm a recent convert ). The text gets 'stuck' and I have to move/scroll the window to refresh and fix it.

This occurs most often in Open Office Writer. I'll be typing and it will break to the next line (by pressing enter or via word-wrap) and the lines below render incorrectly.

I've taken a screen shot here .I was on the line that my cursor is at, then I pressed enter, and as you can see the line 2 below got duplicated and my text marker appeared in the middle of the next line (should have been a blank line). I can fix this by scrolling up or down.

This also has occurred in some windows, such as Skype's options window, where you click on the left to select which set of preferences you want to change and it's supposed to refresh the contents of the window, but I have to 'move' the window for it to refresh, or wave my mouse over certain areas.

I've taken a screenshot. In this window, I was on 'Advanced', then clicked 'Sound Options' and waved my mouse over the content area. As you can see it only then started to render the things I put my mouse over.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 / Jaunty Jackalope
I appear to have my NVIDIA drivers up to date, as per Administration > Hardware Drivers
I'm running a Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1 Laptop (I haven't turned on SLi or anything, if that's even possible)

I appreciate your help and hope I have provided enough information.