Thread: Can I install ubuntu 9.04 in my intel box ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question Can I install ubuntu 9.04 in my intel box ?

Hi,

I heard long back that Ubuntu 9.04 was having problems with intel graphics drivers so that people couldnt use compiz smoothly. Is that problem solved. I was searching about it in Launchpad Bugs area but couldnt find anything useful.

Can I now download and install Ubuntu 9.04 in my intel pc? Will i be able to run compiz smoothly ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can I install ubuntu 9.04 in my intel box ?

Easy way to find out is boot the livecd and test out your hardware.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by luckydeveloper View Post
    Hi,

I heard long back that Ubuntu 9.04 was having problems with intel graphics drivers so that people couldnt use compiz smoothly. Is that problem solved. I was searching about it in Launchpad Bugs area but couldnt find anything useful.

Can I now download and install Ubuntu 9.04 in my intel pc? Will i be able to run compiz smoothly ?
    I am using intel graphics with 9.04 64bit with no problem and compiz is working pretty well.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow. This false happiness is the true cause of your sorrows!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

one of my friend was using the same thing 6 months ago. and it worked fine so why don't you try it out. and don't forget to get you backup upto date 'cause if it didn't worked-out perfectly then you will be in trouble. but anyway there is very less chance of it unless you are unlucky.

and i recommand you to use livecd first.
    "Well son, the first thing you can do is - stop complaining." - Dad with love.
    Question Everything !!!