Thread: 14 Year old Linux guru(guy), where do find girl interested in FOSS and Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile 14 Year old Linux guru(guy), where do find girl interested in FOSS and Linux

well im 14 and since most kids my age are interested in glamor, popularity, and sports. however i am interested in gaming, FOSS, Linux, robotics and programming; and as you can imagine they is hardly anybody that is interested in that sort of stuff.

so where are some places where i could meet others with similar interests besides online(cus there's no telling who they really are)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: 14 Year old Linux guru(guy), where do find girl interested in FOSS and Linux

Quote Originally Posted by CRAY-4 View Post
    well im 14 and since most kids my age are interested in glamor, popularity, and sports. however i am interested in gaming, FOSS, Linux, robotics and programming; and as you can imagine they is hardly anybody that is interested in that sort of stuff.

so where are some places where i could meet others with similar interests besides online(cus there's no telling who they really are)?
    I feel your pain. No, actually I don't. I apologize, I didn't see what forum this was in. I thought someone was trying to find girls... Peace!
    Last edited by oboedad55; October 20th, 2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: didn't check the forum
    Registered Linux user #436067
    Registered Ubuntu user #29066
    -----------------------------
    Linux assumes you know exactly what you are doing.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: 14 Year old Linux guru(guy), where do find girl interested in FOSS and Linux

*headdesk*

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by macogw View Post
    *headdesk*
    well i guess its my problem

Beans

coffee shops
    book stores
    college student unions
    Star Trek conventions
    DND groups
    craigslist
    Utah
    Last edited by davidshere; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro

ok thanks, ill just camp in the Linux section and see if anyone comes along(lol)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by davidshere View Post
    coffee shops
    book stores
    college student unions
    Star Trek conventions
    DND groups
    craigslist
    Utah

get out and do stuff, you don't want a 14 g/f who sits in front of the computer as much as you. you'll just end up IM-ing each other instead of actually talking because its more lol worthy that way or something. And BTW the forums are not a place to pick up chicks anyways. Someone please close this thread!

BUT! there are hot chicks in book stores... =)
    They are usually the quite ones on account of they read allot. =p

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

is this even appropriate here?
    Keep your important files in HOSTS when ubuntu is installed with WUBI
    How to install ANYTHING in Ubuntu!
    'No PUB KEY' error? Try this!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by carnagex420x View Post

get out and do stuff, you don't want a 14 g/f who sits in front of the computer as much as you.
    +1
    Mrs Lisat would be most disgusted if all I did was sit at my computer all day without giving her the attention she deserves. Having interests beyond the technical side of things can also provide a welcome break.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog