Thread: Firefox + YouTube = Lag.

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Firefox + YouTube = Lag.

Tittle kinda explains it all.. i only experience lag when scrolling through YouTube. While watching a video i scroll down to the comments, and bang.. there it is. Epic lag.

The video can be running or not.. it still lags when scrolling. It's the only page it does it in. Is this my problem, or is this kinda common?.

How can i be lost, when i have no where to go? - Metallica.

Beans

Re: Firefox + YouTube = Lag.

If you're familiar with Greasemonkey, you might try the Youtube Without Flash userscript combined with the mozilla-mplayer package. This will allow you to do almost anything the original flash player does, except for seeking past the currently-downloaded portion of the video.

Beans
    Distro

So will this stop the lag?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by iTheBadGuy View Post
    Nothing will stop the "lag"...I get that sometimes also. It is because the browser and the network connection combination, that is where your problem lies. I like to use Opera browser, it has some cool effects about it and it even has this special feature called TURBO, which will help you view streaming media faster or it will load webpages faster, no matter how slow your internet conncetion is. Worth a try. Check it out HERE. Good luck and post back with any success please.
    DUAL BOOT
    No programming language is perfect. There is not even a single best language; there are only languages well suited or perhaps poorly suited for particular purposes.
    --Herbert Mayer

Beans

I have no idea. The concept is to remove flash from the situation. If that removes the lag, then flash was the culprit. Otherwise, something else is causing your lag.

If you just want to remove flash to see if that speeds things up, try the FlashBlock firefox extension.

Beans
    Distro

My lag isn't on the video itself, but on the page when scrolling down/up. This didn't happen to me with my firefox in windows, this is why i find it strange. My video card is a Nvidia 7 series.. not he best in the world, but not bad either.. I'll try removing flash and see how that works.

Beans

I had this problem but for me it was the adobe-flash plugin that was causing it. A quick update later and all was fine again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thumbs down Re: Firefox + YouTube = Lag.

Tittle kinda explains it all.. i only experience lag when scrolling through YouTube. While watching a video i scroll down to the comments, and bang.. there it is. Epic lag.

The video can be running or not.. it still lags when scrolling. It's the only page it does it in. Is this my problem, or is this kinda common?.
    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/speed-up-f...b-browser.html also a good video card can maybe fix it and remember to install the latest drivers for your video card
    Last edited by xxterry1xx; October 20th, 2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: information