Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your Xorg.conf

Beans

Post your Xorg.conf

Xorg.conf is one of the hardest parts of Linux. You have to hack it just right to get it to work....and that takes some time. Often the only way I get it to work is to look at others who got it to work then copy parts of theirs. All the guides in the world don't always help.

So if you have a xorg.conf that you have gotten to do something special, post it here.

I'll go first. Mine is for Nvidia cards. It allows for two monitors (using Twinview) that share a single desktop of the same resolution. Composite is also enabled and working.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

Re: Post your Xorg.conf

Here mine goes. The only modifications I made to it were the ones you posted in your how-to on installing kwin. The rest were generate upon install and by Nvidias utility when I compiled the latest Nvidia drivers.

xorg.txt
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Iandefor is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Here ya go.

Enabled composite, NVIDIA official drivers. Probably done some other stuff.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Beans
    Hidden!

what is it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

xorg.conf, for the uninformed is the bit that controls the X desktop. It's the central configuration file, and it is quite long and complicated. Knowing how to hack the file and customise it without crashing X is classed as somewhat of an achievement, and once you learn it, you can consider yourself on the next stage up. I learnt about the intracacies of X through having used Slackware.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most " -- Ozzy Osbourne

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bonzodog
    xorg.conf, for the uninformed is the bit that controls the X desktop. It's the central configuration file, and it is quite long and complicated. Knowing how to hack the file and customise it without crashing X is classed as somewhat of an achievement, and once you learn it, you can consider yourself on the next stage up. I learnt about the intracacies of X through having used Slackware.
    hm! guess i'll stick to switching wms with reckless abandon. thanks for the explanation. you folks enjoy the rest of the thread now.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

heres mine now i'm using the nvidia drivers.
    I've disabled that nvidia screen i like it but its unneeded.
    I got composite enabled, my main monitor is on the right hand and my slave is on my left.

I've got 3 different sizes i can use they are 2560 x 1024 (dual mon), 1280 x 1024, 1024 x 768.

Done a few more mods aswell to it
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I think that ms's future will be a drunken and down-on-his-luck Steve Balmer on a beach somewhere in South America or the far east, trying to convince bored american tourists that he used to be important.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Here's mine.
    It got corrupted today after I installed some new fonts using kcontrol.
    Always keep a backup!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

HA! Mine PWNS all your resolutions.

Only changes I've made to mine was changing my colors to 16bit and added other resolution ranges.
    Last edited by TechSonic; February 14th, 2006 at 04:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ok, After much tweaking after a X crash I finally not only got X desktop back but it also has a second monitor in the mix. All the goodies are here including composite and twinview.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast