Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poor performance in VirtualBox when Intel-VT active

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Poor performance in VirtualBox when Intel-VT active

Quote Originally Posted by HotShotDJ View Post
    With VT-x enabled and only 1 CPU defined, performance is fine.
    The real question is not if performance is fine (I could say that it's fine even with VT-x off...) but whether it's better or worse with VT-x enabled. For me it's worse and that worries me because I thought virtualization is an improvement, not a step back.
    Michał Gołębiowski
    Dell Latitude E6500: P8600 | Intel GMA 4500MHD | 15,4'' 1440x900 LED (matte) | 4GiB DDR2 | 233 GiB HDD 7200 rpm (with Free Fall Sensor).
    Jabber ID: mgol /at/ jabster.pl - let me write in within my profile details, please!

Beans

I think i found out the problem.

First of all, i misunderstand the issue in my before post. The problem is not the performance, the problem is just about the keyboard and the mouse. When click, roll over or press a key, it lags, but the 3D performance is quite well.

The problem is i think, the host machine has a 32Bit OS, but the guest is 64Bit. I learned that my processor does not support AMD-V, but 64Bit guests require the feature, so you can not disable the AMD-V support. There starts the problem. Now i'm downloading the 32Bit Ubuntu 9.10 and will try. I will share the results here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@sevketcaba
    This is certainly not my problem. I run 32-bit guest on 64-bit host.
    Michał Gołębiowski
    Dell Latitude E6500: P8600 | Intel GMA 4500MHD | 15,4'' 1440x900 LED (matte) | 4GiB DDR2 | 233 GiB HDD 7200 rpm (with Free Fall Sensor).
    Jabber ID: mgol /at/ jabster.pl - let me write in within my profile details, please!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123