Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Using PVR150 IR Blaster In Mythbuntu 9.10b

Beans

Re: Using PVR150 IR Blaster In Mythbuntu 9.10b

Give up for tonight. I use your lircd.conf and hardware.conf and i still have this message in /var/log/syslog

Nov 1 22:01:20 pvr-desktop lircd-0.8.6[15220]: accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
    Nov 1 22:01:21 pvr-desktop lircd-0.8.6[15220]: error processing command: SEND_ONCE blaster 750
    Nov 1 22:01:21 pvr-desktop lircd-0.8.6[15220]: hardware does not support sending
    Nov 1 22:01:21 pvr-desktop lircd-0.8.6[15220]: removed client

Beans

Did you restart lirc?

Code:
    sudo service lirc restart

Beans

Finally it's working. I unpluged the computer and it work after. The other thing that i had to figure out is the codeset of my decoder. it was 106 and not 82.

Thanks

Beans

I am having some trouble here and could use some help. I am running mythbuntu 9.10 with a PVR-150

I have the remote working for controlling myth but am trying to enable the irblaster too. I have a decent understanding of *nix so help me out here please.

I downloaded the bin file from earlier in the thread to the proper directory and made it executable, I downloaded the patch file to my home directory, I downloaded the lirc source, patched the source, and reconfigured the source after patching it.

I downloaded the script that sends the power command to every code set and was getting the irsend error about send not supported, then I changed the device in the hardware.conf to /dev/lircd vs. /dev/lirc0 and the irsend error went away and the script appeared to be doing what it was meant to do however the blaster was not blinking when I checked it.

I am going to provide my file contents below, please try to help me get my remote working for use with the myth frontend as well as changing the channels on my directv receiver.

Code:
    # /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
    #
    #Chosen Remote Control
    REMOTE="Hauppauge TV card"
    REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_i2c"
    REMOTE_DRIVER=""
    REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
    REMOTE_SOCKET=""
    REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge"
    REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#TRANSMITTER="Command IR : Direct TV Receiver"
    #TRANSMITTER_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_zilog"
    #TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
    #TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/lircd"
    #TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
    #TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="directtv/general.conf"
    #TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
    START_LIRCD="true"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
    #START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
    LOAD_MODULES="true"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
    LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
    #If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
    #that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
    #frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
    #It will then populate all other variables without any user input
    #If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
    #to leave this set to "false"
    FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
    START_LIRCMD=""
    Code:
    /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

#Configuration for the Hauppauge TV card remote:
    # I have commented and uncommented the following line and restarted lirc with no effect 
    # on the ability for the remote to control the myth frontend.
    #include "/usr/share/lirc/extras/more_remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge"

#I added the content of the example file http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lircd.conf below but I am not listing it here because it is too long.
    Code:
    lirc related devices in /dev directory:
    lirc0
    lircd
    Any help is appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi Saltydog,

looking at your configuration file (hardware.conf), your "TRANSMITTER" entries are commented out (# ...).

Try Uncommenting and restarting the service (ie: sudo service lirc restart)

and TRANSMITTER_DEVICE you either be empty or = /dev/lirc0

but I might be mistaken. My lirc was working fine with no TRANSMITTER_DEVICE defined until this morning where everything IR Blaster-related went to hell...

Gleepwurp.

Beans

I have gotten my pvr remote working and although the concept is easy once you decipher all of the cryptic documentation and outdated threads, you have to suffer through the process first because nobody seems to know how to write a how to that a normal person can comprehend. I bet I could teach a chimp to set one up if the proper documentation was available. Here is a taste of how easy it is to setup the pvr remote to control the myth front end. I am leaving the IR Blaster part out as you should save yourself the headache and just use a serial cable to the cable/satellite receiver.

(1) plug your ir receiver into the port on the pvr card and make sure the ir eye accessible to see the remote signal.

(2) sudo apt-get install lirc
    (If lirc is already installed, it renames the old files and runs from the newly installed files).

Follow the on screen prompts to setup lirc. Choose the Hauppauge TV card for the remote type. This will setup the /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file and the file to hold your remote config, probably /usr/share/lirc/extras/more_remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge.

(3) run the command irw from the shell (this is going to show codes as you press buttons on the remote.

(4) press the play button on the remote and watch for the code at the shell output.

(5) make a note somewhere of the name on the remote button that you press and the corresponding code that shows up in the shell output. This will be a mapping of the remote button code to the remote button human readable name and you will need this later.

(6) once you have pressed all of the buttons on the remote, one by one, and mapped the code for each button to the name of the button as the code appears in the shell, you need to change the codes in /usr/share/lirc/extras/more_remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge or whatever include file is listed in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf to match the remote button code/ remote button name mapping that you created in the previous step.

(7) Make sure that your /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file shows the correct remote device.

(8) sudo service lirc restart

(9) Setup a lircrc file under /home/mythtv/.mythtv/
    (This file tells myth what to do when remote buttons are received by lirc. Ex.
    You press the play button -> lirc receives code 0000x4 -> your /usr/share/lirc/extras/more_remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge file tells lirc that 0000x4 = play -> lircrc tells mythtv what to do when the play button is pressed.)

(10) Restart the machine so that the mythfrontend , mythbackend, lirc, etc are all restarted and you should be able to control your mythtv frontend with your pvr remote.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vbsaltydog View Post
    I have gotten my pvr remote working and although the concept is easy once you decipher all of the cryptic documentation and outdated threads, you have to suffer through the process first because nobody seems to know how to write a how to that a normal person can comprehend. I bet I could teach a chimp to set one up if the proper documentation was available. Here is a taste of how easy it is to setup the pvr remote to control the myth front end. I am leaving the IR Blaster part out as you should save yourself the headache and just use a serial cable to the cable/satellite receiver.
    Oddly, my 150 remote worked out of the box with Mythbuntu.

I wish I could just use a serial or firewire cable for my STB, but unfortunately my DCT700 doesn't have those options, so I'm stuck fighting with this blaster...

Beans

Your STB doesnt support Tivo ? If there is a a usb port on the STB you might be able to use a usb to serial converter cable from the STB to the serial port on your Myth box.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vbsaltydog View Post
    Your STB doesnt support Tivo ? If there is a a usb port on the STB you might be able to use a usb to serial converter cable from the STB to the serial port on your Myth box.
    Nope.

Beans

I would get a new STB due to the fact that I have heard that the ir blasters are problematic even if you do get it working.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast