Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why Linux Isn't the Most Popular Operating System

Beans

Re: Why Linux Isn't the Most Popular Operating System

Quite frankly, most people are too lazy and/or scared to try Linux. Every computer they have ever owned has been loaded with Windows and they only do what they are told that they are allowed to do. Honestly, I love Linux simply because I can do what I want to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Why Linux Isn't the Most Popular Operating System

No rule against Necro posting in these forums? Quite plainly, for me, and what I have seen, you get one person that can not use Itunes on Linux, then said person goes telling all the people, never get Linux it is horrible. They only do Email, Websurf, study, and youtube. Xubuntu has met all their needs. Probably help if they looked for programs to use, they do not though. (again, why would you, if all the stuff you needed was met?) Another family, they did not want Linux period, till their computer got some kind of set of viruses that prevented Windows from setting up. I just popped Linux on, and they loved it! Back in the Day, When Ubuntu was still like 7.04 or something, and I was a kid, I got a liveCD and tried it, I loved it, but my family would not have any of it. They were windows fans till they were forced to use Ubuntu, than they liked it after a while. And enjoy not having to worry about Viruses and spyware.

Quite plainly. people have no clue what an OS/Web browser is, most of them just use whatever they have. Windows 8 for example, many people tell me how disgusted they are by it, but they use it because they have no clue of alternatives. Microsoft most think did something stupid by doing that to computers. (They did. ) But now they are ready for the wave of the future. (hand held computer phones really. ) Their mistake, was they did not have two OSs really going. Linux, it will survive regardless because it is so modular, you can just patch the sucker, boom ready for tablet phones and that is when desktops will be a thing of the past.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678