Thread: evolution mail autocomplete

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question evolution mail autocomplete

I've set up Evolution to work with a Blackberry Exchange Server on several computers. I've enabled the auto-complete feature in Evolution's preferences, and it does work. However, it seems to only work after three letters have been typed into the field. It would be nice if the auto-complete would kick in on the first or second letter. Is there any way to change the way this feature works? One more thing about evo-exchange is a "Sent" items issue. The Sent box under "On This Computer" & the Sent box under the exchange account aren't quite showing identical items. The difference depends on whether the email was sent on the computer or on the Blackberry. Could have something to do with the push from the BES, but i'm not sure.

On another computer, I've also tried to enable the autocomplete feature. This time it's not on exchange mail. Two accounts are gmail, synced using IMAP. The contacts in the "personal" list that were imported from Pidgin are not scrubbed in autocomplete. Any ideas? Just to be clear, i've made sure to enable the automatic addition of addresses when responding to email. It works for new entries, but not for those imported from pidgin.

My next gripe with evo is with 'search'. If it actively filtered results as you typed (or deleted) each character, as opposed to the current need to hit the Enter key, life would be creamy.
    Last edited by sites; October 15th, 2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: to clarify my questions more thoroughly

Beans

Re: evolution mail autocomplete

anyone here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Unfortunately, I use Thunderbird so I will be of no help in regards to Evolution, but @firtrupro, if you are already asking for responses after only 3 minutes, I would try to be a little more patient. Now, usually if you have not gotten a response in 24 hours, that would be an appropriate time to "bump" the thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

dnftt