Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    Hi again,

Well, in the Xorg log, I can see that the it is talking with the Wacom. The /dev/input/event7 (wacom) is getting the "Wacom Intuos2 6x8 Wacom X driver can't grab event device, errno=16" for the device. This error message is not there for any of the related stuff (erase, stylus, pad, etc). The /dev/input/event8 (wacom-touch) seems to be fine (Wacom Intuos2 6x8 Wacom X driver grabbed event device. and I don't see any error related to this but... it is not helping as X is not doing anything.

Actually, once the xorg.conf is configured, I'm loosing my USB mouse as well. Is there a way to have both (tablet and mouse) active at the same time? At least, while I'm debugging the tablet, that would help instead of having to go back to a terminal.

Is that information that is helping? I can do a cut&paste but I'll have to reboot as... I don't have access to my mouse right now

Thank you.

ehfortin
    Can you attach the Xorg.0.log to your next post:
    Code:
    cp /var/log/Xorg.0.log $HOME
    tar -cvjf Xorg.0.log.tar.bz2 Xorg.0.log
    This will create a file called Xorg.0.log.tar.bz2. Please attach that file to your next post. It is a compress tar file of your log.

Normally, the tablet and mouse should work just fine together. It might be possible that there is an interrupt conflict or else one of the kernel modules crashed causing the usb devices to crash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'll have to start again. I've modified the source as I was surprised that the tablet was always showing as an Intuos2. I figured I did something wrong. Since then, my wacom.ko is loading fine in the kernel but each time I connect the tablet (or load the wacom.ko), I got a "input: Unspecified device as device ...". I get it two time. In the /proc/bus/input/devices, I now get the two devices related to wacom (vendor 056a and product 00d3) but with 'Name=""'

So, the driver seems to work but... I don't understand why the name is not showing. It affect the XServer as well as it is unable to find the device. It is complaining the xmax value is wrong so I guess I changed the size of the tablet.

What is the real way to figure the size to put in the code? My resolution is 2540x2540 and it is a 8x6 table (Fun & Touch). Do I have to use the "usable size" x 2540 or I have to use the "marketing size" (which would give me 20320x15240)?

Thank you.

ehfortin

Beans

I am guessing that I am probably in the same situation as ehfortin.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TheguywholikesLINUX View Post
    I am guessing that I am probably in the same situation as ehfortin.
    You both are most likely are going to have the same issues because of the touch.

For now, I have created the two patches. This is for the 2.6.28 kernel only (Jaunty) and should cover the CTH-460, CTH-661, and the CTL-460 models. The wcm_working_patch is the current mostly stable version that should get the stylus and eraser to work. The wcm2_patch is the current testing version. Unfortunately, I am unable to test it because I don't have a device to test it with.

To use it, you will need to use the linuxwacom-0.8.4-3 version from the sourceforge site. I chose this one only because it was the most recent stable version.

One of the prerequisites is that we need to make sure that libhal-dev is installed so that it will build hal-setup-wacom (needed for .fdi file configuration):
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libhal-dev
    Attached is the tarball that contains the patches. To extract it:
    Code:
    tar -xvjf wcm_working_patch.tar.bz2
    Once you have downloaded the linuxwacom source, you can extract it and then go into the directory

Code:
    tar -xvjf linuxwacom-0.8.4-3.tar.bz2
    cd linuxwacom-0.8.4-3
    From there, copy the patches into the directory (there is an intentional period at the end of the line:

Code:
    cp ../wcm_working_patch/*.patch .
    Next patch the source:

Code:
    patch -p1 < wacom_wac.c.patch
    patch -p1 < wcmUSB.c.patch
    patch -p1 < wacom_wac.h.patch
    If you are using the wcm2_patch, you will need to also do the following:

Code:
    patch -p1 < wacusb.c.patch
    patch -p1 < wactablet.h.patch
    patch -p1 < wacom_sys.c.patch
    patch -p1 < wacomcpl-exec.patch
    You can then compile as usual:

Code:
    make clean
    ./configure --enable-wacom --prefix=/usr
    make
    If there are no errors:

Code:
    sudo make install
    sudo cp src/2.6.28/wacom.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    After that, you can restart and hopefully we will have some information in /var/log/messages.

To configure the device, people have started with using the 10-linuxwacom.fdi file from this post.

wcm2_patch udpate: This current version might fix the scrolling problem when the pen is close to the pad.
    It now also contains a maxTouchX and Y setting to see if we can activate the wacom-touch event.
    Initialized the abs parameter for touch.
    Corrected maxTouchX typo.
    The Bamboo Pen is now set to 1023 for pressure.
    The 0xD<n> series have been added for wacdump. It currently is set with one channel because I am not for sure what the channels do.
    wacomcpl should now be configured for these devices.
    I have reverted line 174 in wacom_wac.c to be != instead of & to reset the eraser.
    The 0x80 code has been added back into data to see if it helps the eraser.
    Fixed the resolution for Wacom Pen and Touch device.
    I have removed the pad data again just to verify that it will not crash and hopefully isolate the issue with the eraser.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 30th, 2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Updated wcm2_patch

Beans
    Distro

I'll have to start again. I've modified the source as I was surprised that the tablet was always showing as an Intuos2. I figured I did something wrong. Since then, my wacom.ko is loading fine in the kernel but each time I connect the tablet (or load the wacom.ko), I got a "input: Unspecified device as device ...". I get it two time. In the /proc/bus/input/devices, I now get the two devices related to wacom (vendor 056a and product 00d3) but with 'Name=""'

So, the driver seems to work but... I don't understand why the name is not showing. It affect the XServer as well as it is unable to find the device. It is complaining the xmax value is wrong so I guess I changed the size of the tablet.

What is the real way to figure the size to put in the code? My resolution is 2540x2540 and it is a 8x6 table (Fun & Touch). Do I have to use the "usable size" x 2540 or I have to use the "marketing size" (which would give me 20320x15240)?

Thank you.

ehfortin
    I am thinking that you should be using the "marketing size" for wacom_wac.c.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Sorry, I'm not seeing the attached file for the patch. Is it supposed to be there?

On my side, I recompiled the source after adjusting the size of the tablet and realizing that if you add a new product code at the end of the list (0xD3 in my case), then you have to also create the device at the END of the list (under the Intuos2)... That's why it was always showing as an Intuos2. Now, the tablet is working fine in X.

I have to look at xorg.conf again to set the button and click and see how I can have my mouse working at the same time as the tablet. Right now, it is one or the other and, as you can imagine, a tablet without a "left click", it is worthless as you can't select anything.

Is there somebody who knows if the touch works on a tabletPC that support it? I'm just trying to get the idea of it the code already exist for something else or if it will be brand new for these new Bamboo tablet.

As soon as I have access to the patch, I'll double check if the changes are the same as what I did.

Thank you.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2k View Post
    Wow. I really should have checked for a thread like this before going out and getting a Bamboo Craft about 3 hours ago. It has a vendorroduct of 056a:00d2 so this should help me and as soon as I catch up to how far it has come I will help if I can. Iḿ was considering taking it back and getting a less expensive one that has better support but it seems like this should be working pretty well in not too long.
    Can you do me a favor and tell us the model number or the pad and the resolution size of it? Based on some of the information in these posts, there is a "marketing size" on the box or manual somewhere. If you have this information, I can add the information to the patch so that we can have these changes together for those who are trying to get their devices to work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi ehfortin,

Yes touch works for the TX2000 and TX2500 (and I think one other whose name I can't remember) usb tablet pc's. It also works for several serial tablet pc's.

Edit: Right. Single finger touch, not multi-touch.
    Last edited by Favux; October 19th, 2009 at 07:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Sorry, I'm not seeing the attached file for the patch. Is it supposed to be there?

On my side, I recompiled the source after adjusting the size of the tablet and realizing that if you add a new product code at the end of the list (0xD3 in my case), then you have to also create the device at the END of the list (under the Intuos2)... That's why it was always showing as an Intuos2. Now, the tablet is working fine in X.

I have to look at xorg.conf again to set the button and click and see how I can have my mouse working at the same time as the tablet. Right now, it is one or the other and, as you can imagine, a tablet without a "left click", it is worthless as you can't select anything.

Is there somebody who knows if the touch works on a tabletPC that support it? I'm just trying to get the idea of it the code already exist for something else or if it will be brand new for these new Bamboo tablet.

As soon as I have access to the patch, I'll double check if the changes are the same as what I did.

Thank you.

ehfortin
    Oops. It is there now. Thanks for pointing it out.

If I recall correctly, yours is a multi-touch device. Because of this, the touch portion will most likely be different because the data that comes over will have to report more than one finger. The easy way to get the touch working is to figure out in wacom_wac.c how the touch data is coming over and then code for the first finger only. Then additional code can be written for the other fingers.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 19th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Hey all, I found that if evdev was in control of the tablet (no xorg.conf settings) then I needed the larger size "Marketing Size", as ehfortin puts it. If the X server has control you want the smaller params. My box actually says nothing about resolution. I got specs out of downloaded docs. I then had to do math. Once I was close I used wacdump to verify.

@ehfortin: this may be a dumb question, but have you done the lsusb and found your proper tablet ID and put it in source code? (mine is d4 - a hex value) - see previous posts.

(sneaking some time while at work )
    Last edited by kgingeri; October 19th, 2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: corrections

Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast