Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by joriz15 View Post
    Hello, I have a problem with my wacom bamboo pen. I installed it with a tuto, and it succeed, but yesterday, when I reboot my laptop my tablet doens't work. So, I reinstalled my tablet with the same tuto but it doesn't work...

PS: Apologize me for my bad english, i'm french.
    Is the laptop able to see the device:
    Code:
    lsusb
    Do you have any other USB devices? If so, have you tried connecting it to see if it still works?

I am guessing that you no longer have Windows (or another operating system that you can test the tablet) on the laptop. Is that correct?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
    Sorry Joriz15, I missed your last post. I'm not sure what to tell you next then. Have you tried a complete re-install? One other thought is to make sure a usb mouse works in the usb port you are trying to use?

Yes, I tried : /
    Send me a tuto if you have one, maybe it's going to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Is the laptop able to see the device:
    Code:
    lsusb
    Do you have any other USB devices? If so, have you tried connecting it to see if it still works?

I am guessing that you no longer have Windows (or another operating system that you can test the tablet) on the laptop. Is that correct?

My tablet is recognize with lsusb and when I change the USB devices, it doesn't work.
    And for Windows, I used it in another computer and it's worked. I really don't know. Maybe if I desinstall it and reinstall, but I don't know how to do...
    Last edited by joriz15; March 10th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro

You might try this guide. It seems to be working for most now.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by heminder View Post
    hello.
    i just got a bamboo pen (CTL460) and followed this post
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=541

tablet seems to be working, but no pressure sensitivity in gimp.
    also, wacomcpl gives me this whenever i click on one of the items in the menu
    http://img66.imageshack.us/i/screenshotvl.png/

halp!

EDIT:
    ok, i edited GIMP preferences to get pressure sensitivity working, but wacomcpl's still bad :S
    You might try the guide in the previous post. It should have the fix for wacomcpl. As for GIMP, you might need to go into Edit->Preferences->Input Devices->Configure Extended Input Devices and make sure that the stylus is active and pressure is set.

Beans

So these are the instructions I need to follow to get my Wacom Bamboo Pen to work with Inkscape in Ubuntu 9.10? Do I need to change any settings in Inkscape to recognize the tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
    An Overall log and HowTo up until now.
    Get ready - it's a long one.

NOTE! This was done on Ubuntu 9.10 (32 bit) Remix distro - fresh install. It may not work for anything else, however I am fairly confident that it is generic. One difference is the 10-wacom.fdi file is called 10-linuxwacom.fdi in Karmic.
    EDIT: This also uses linuxwacom-0.8.4-3 which is not the most current. Keep an eye out for an update to the latest linuxwacom.

EDIT: It likely goes without saying, BUT just to be sure...
    THIS IS NOT MY WORK! Although I have had a small part to play, the faithful here are Favux and Ayuthia (may this be a tribute =D>)
    Many of the rest of us test and report or try new things to add to the mix. It is team work at it's best. Thanks everyone!

Also, the '#'s are root shell prompts from the 'sudo bash' command. You can use 'sudo' commands instead - if you'd rather not be in a root bash shell. for editing, I use 'vi' but 'gksudo gedit' works better if you don't know the vi editor. I'm from the old school

One more thing - I'll likely need to make edits, so check back. I will mark edits carefully.

in Terminal...

Code:
    $ sudo bash
    Password: *********
    Code:
    # apt-get update
    EDIT: skip next 2 lines for Karmic (thanks Dnprossi)
    # apt-get install wacom-tools xserver-xorg-input-wacom
    # apt-get purge wacom-tools xserver-xorg-input-wacom
    # apt-get install build-essential libx11-dev libxi-dev x11proto-input-dev 
    # apt-get install xserver-xorg-dev tk8.4-dev tcl8.4-dev libncurses5-dev
    # apt-get install libhal-dev
    # apt-get upgrade
    If running Ubuntu Karmic Remix or other minimal distro, you may have to do:

Code:
    # wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git-repos/ubuntu/linux-2.6/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
    # cp ./hid-ids.h /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
    # apt-get install patch
    see Ayuthia's Patches For LinuxWacom post #144, for a full how to BEFORE the doing the next steps.
    You may not need them all.
    EDIT: The following file does not appear available any longer. It can be accessed here (Thanks James-)
    See above EDIT
    After downloading linuxwacom-.8.4-3.tar.bz2 from http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/dl and Ayuthia's patches...
    Code:
    # tar -xjvf linuxwacom-0.8.4-3.tar.bz2
    # tar -xjvf wcm2_patch.tar.bz2        
    # cp wcm2_patch/*.patch linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/     
    # cd linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/
    EDIT: Previous typo in tar command (Thanks dnprossi )

Each of the following should execute without output...

Code:
    # patch -p1 < wacomcpl-exec.patch
    # patch -p1 < wacom_sys.c.patch
    # patch -p1 < wacom_wac.c.patch
    # patch -p1 < wacom_wac.h.patch
    # patch -p1 < wactablet.h.patch
    # patch -p1 < wacusb.c.patch
    # patch -p1 < wcmUSB.c.patch
    (there's lots of output but there should be no errors at the end of each of the next steps)
    EDIT: Note that the next step is for my kernel version - i.e. you may need 2.6.28 instead of 2.6.31

Code:
    # make clean
    # ./configure --enable-wacom --prefix=/usr
    # make
    # make install
    # cp src/2.6.31/wacom.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    Next, because the module was never used (if it was, use 'rmmod wacom' first)...

Code:
    # insmod /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko
    # depmod -e
    EDIT: you'll get a warning here in Karmic re "WARNING: -e needs -E or -F" - disregard

I got Favux's fdi file Favux_Bamboo-Pen&Touch-working_10-wacom.fdi.txt from post #384 and did

EDIT: Typo in next file name - missed "Favux_..." - how could I!?
    Code:
    # cp Favux_Bamboo-Pen\&Touch-working_10-wacom.fdi.txt /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-linuxwacom.fdi
    (NOTE: the destination file would be /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-wacom.fdi for Jaunty.
    Also, be sure there is only one wacom file in that directory - if you have both, 'rm' the one you don't need!)

(You could edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf at this point - I didn't - see Favux's post #384)

create (or edit) either /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-linuxwacom.fdi (if running Ubuntu Karmic)
    or /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-wacom.fdi (for Ubuntu Jaunty)

Replace the complete contents with the following (this is for my tablet, check Favux's post #384):

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<!-- Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch (models CTT-460 CTL-460 CTH-460,461,660) -->
    <deviceinfo version="0.2">
      <device>
        <match key="input.originating_device" contains="if0">
          <match key="info.product" contains="Wacom">
            <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wacom</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">stylus</merge>
            <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
              <append key="info.callouts.add" type="strlist">hal-setup-wacom</append>
              <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">eraser</append>
              <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">pad</append>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device>
      <device>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="eraser">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">eraser</merge>
        </match>
      </device>
      <device>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="pad">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">pad</merge>
        </match>
      </device>
      <device>
        <match key="input.originating_device" contains="if1">
          <match key="info.product" contains="Wacom">
            <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wacom</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">touch</merge>
            <merge key="info.product" type="string">touch</merge>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device>
    </deviceinfo>
    NOTE! According to my tests, this next step is needed whether using a fdi file or xorg.conf!

Determine the tablet's ID:

Code:
    # lsusb
    	Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    	Bus 002 Device 003: ID 056a:00d1 Wacom Co., Ltd 
    	Bus 002 Device 002: ID 045e:0737 Microsoft Corp. 
    (note that 00d1 above relates to next edit - your value may be different - see below in ATTRS line)

EDIT: dnprossi reports that the next steps (wget and cp) are not required if the insmod and depmod commands are successful (Thanks dnprossi )
    EDIT2: I still feel we need the next changes as you end up without devices in /dev/input (udev's job) so you have nothing to use for wacdump etc? Not sure tho. The jury is out on this one still. Note: At first I confused /etc/udev and lib/udev - use /lib/udev

If the 40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules file doesn't exist, then do:

Code:
    # wget -O 50-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules "http://git.debian.org/?p=users/ron/wacom-tools.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/xserver-xorg-input-wacom.udev;hb=e110b046292d6aff63b489c9b1aecec25d470cdb"
    then edit /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules and on or about line 88 (@ end of a long list) insert this line:
    EDIT: change 00d1 to your ID from the previous lsusb command - if it's different

Code:
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d1", SYMLINK="input/tablet-wacom-bamboo-pen_touch-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
    EDIT: And of course, put it in place (Thanks Ubunty )

Code:
    # cp 50-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules

That was about it... if you've been using a root shell...

Code:
    # exit
    else just...

Code:
    $ exit
    and reboot.

Post back if you have problems.

EDIT: Ha! Told you For others posting solutions, please let me know of errors or omissions and I'll edit. Best to PM me.
    Favux or Ayuthia, if you'd rather take (copy) and update this post, that would be fine with me also. I could edit and/or delete it then.
    EDIT: wrong URLs
    Thunder Dan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Hey Thunderdan, Joriz15 & All - please see Ayuthia's post in this dev thread - he keeps it very current.
    Last edited by kgingeri; March 11th, 2010 at 05:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

so i've tried five or six guides on here to get my cth-661 working correctly. so far i have got everything except for touch and wacomcpl working.
    my wacomcpl behavior is the same as heminder's in the screenshot he linked: http://img66.imageshack.us/i/screenshotvl.png/ i just tried the guides posted by ayuthia above to no avail.

i even updated to 0.8.5-11 today with no improvement in behavior. touch kind of works. i can move the mouse a couple of inches if i push very softly. if i repeat gestures about ten times it will eventually zoom/scroll/right click. same as 0.8.5-10

edit: disregard this post. i have just fixed my wacomcpl. and the problems with touch aren't out of the ordinary, others have them too. anyone getting errors in wacomcpl see: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=937
    Last edited by portets; March 11th, 2010 at 04:03 PM.

Beans

Thx at all, it's work with Ayuthia's post

Beans

Anyone getting two cursors in their painting applications? In Gimp I get a second cursor when I select Mode Screen or Window as the input device: one is the mouse, and one is the pen. but both are in seperate locations from each other. Its very confusing trying to draw. The only way I can get a single cursor is disabling mode screen and window, but then I lose pen pressure!

In My Paint I get the same basic thing, the only difference is because My Paint doesn't use two pointers, but its the same "off centre" effect.

I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit, Wacom Bamboo Pen I foloowed this thread closely, and tried as many different combinations in my xorg.conf that I could think of. I have a dual monitor display, set to Xinerama, and usually restrain the pen to Screen1, though I get the same effect in all combinations I've tried.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have a Wacom Baboo P&T and tried the steps in post 144. Everything seems okay up to copying the wacom.ko file from src/2.6.28. Copying the file doesn't work because there is no .ko file in that directory. I am using 2.6.31-20-generic. There is no .ko file in src/2.6.31 either.

I don't really understand what I am doing with these instructions, but I am capable of following them. If anyone could explain why/where things are going wrong I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast