Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Alright according to xsetwacom list you're on the Wacom X driver. Maybe your touch suppression hardware is broken? Have you tried?:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom BambooPT 2FG 4x5 Finger touch" Touch off
    And checking if that gets rid of the spurious lines?

Beans

Well, after turning off Touch as you suggested, I thought this was it! Everything worked perfect for about half an hour or so, but I decided to test it a bit longer before I post anything.

Then the issue started to occur more and more often. Currently at least once or twice every minute.
    I noticed that it is more possible to happen when I make light strokes (thin lines) - this is what seems to be "triggering" unwanted lines. Then couple of hard strokes makes it behave correctly for some time, before it happens again. Unfortunately this does not always help. It is hard for me to find any pattern that could be 100% reproducable.

I attach another two images (with and without the issue).

Sometimes I work in mypaint, everything is ok, then I launch gimp and the error appears in both (mypaint and gimp), then I quit gimp, error stops and everything is ok. Then I try to reproduce this behaviour and switching off gimp does not help.. It seems like this behaviour is completely random.

Can I somehow turn off *everything* apart from Stylus?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

That is puzzling.

You could match to "Finger" and use an Option "Ignore" "on" to turn off the finger and pad and just have the stylus and eraser. See the LWP mediawiki: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...#X_server_1.10

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the proximity of your stylus. Would you happen to have access to another one that you could test?

Beans

Thanks Favux, I will try this at home. If it doesn't help I will return it back to the store, get a new one and report back to let you know if this was a hardware failure.

Beans

Everything indicates hardware issue. Just installed tablet on pure Windows XP (no virtualbox this time) and the behaviour is exactly the same. I will return it back to the shop.
    Thanks for your time and help Favux.

Beans

I have partialy managed to minimize the problem with use of ... pliers.
    When the issue occurs, I remove scriber out of the pen and then put it back again.
    Then - if I get lucky and handle stylus very carefuly, I manage to use it without any problem for a long time (up to couple of hours).
    The solution is not perfect, but it's better than waiting two weeks for wacom to send me fixed/new hardware.

Beans
    Distro

Is there anything that might be causing electromagnetic interference with the tablet and stylus near them? For example have you tried moving the tablet further away from the monitor?

Beans

No, the issue was not related to tablet <-> notebook proximity. Usually also no other electronic devices were near. It seems that removing and inserting scriber with pliers finally got it quite stable.
    I haven't experience this issue for couple of days now.
    Strange but true.

Beans

Hi Redloff, I was having issues just like showed in the image above. I thot I had it fixed thanks to Favux suggesting changing the click threshold. But now I am experiencing weird behaviour, the tablet works fine sometimes and just doesn't left click sometimes. I think it could be hardware related.
    Could you provide an update, if you have problems with a new one.
    Thanks a lot.

Beans

I have checked post #384 and couldn't find CTE-460 in the list, does anybody knows if that one works with ubuntu fine ?

Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast