Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Hello,
    Have a Bamboo One on Karmic, and it works... as a mouse.
    In gimp it doesn't work at all, except for clicking on the menus and such, no drawing. But! If I run
    sudo gimp
    it works! Ideally.. -.-
    I followed one howto which killed my system(but it was more of my fault there), I did a fresh install and followed this howto and those are results... tried without xorg.conf, tried with xorg.conf. all the same. I guess running gimp with sudo isn't a big problem, but stilll...
    wacdump /dev/input/wacom (or appropriate inputX) gives 'Segmentation fault'
    wacompl doesn't give any 'stylus', 'erasor' or anything...

ps. sorry for writing errors. My keyboard is missing 'f' key and I'm not a native English speaker.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Kazune,

If you have a Bamboo One and not one of the new Bamboo Pen and Touch's then you are on the wrong thread. The Bamboo One should work with the default linuxwacom in Karmic.

The thread for you is "Wacom tablets in Ubuntu guide/howto". Because:
    wacompl doesn't give any 'stylus', 'erasor' or anything...
    You may want a modified wacom.fdi from post #176 on that thread. You shouldn't need any Wacom stuff in xorg.conf in Karmic.

To get it working in Gimp you need to configure the extended input devices. See near the bottom of the Wacom wiki.

I don't think what you've compiled should hurt you, with luck.

Wacdump doesn't work when X has started because the wacom_drv.so has grabbed the input. You can use "xidump stylus" or "xidump eraser" etc.

Hope this helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi Kazune,

If you have a Bamboo One and not one of the new Bamboo Pen and Touch's then you are on the wrong thread. The Bamboo One should work with the default linuxwacom in Karmic.
    Thanks for the reply, but the funny part is that the bamboo worked by default in Karmic. Probably GIMP is having permission problems since actually nothing changed after I followed this howto. So I should probably post it on gimp forum ^^;

Beans
    Distro

Hi Kazune,

That could be, I think I've seen something like that before. You could try telling Synaptic Package Manager to reinstall Gimp and see if that straightens it out.

Beans

I owe you a beer XD

I was gonna answer that I reinstalled/purged/source installed gimp a lot of times already to try to fix this, before I bumped myself in the head and said 'I forgot to remove .gimp in my home folder' and guess what?

sudo aptitude purge gimp
    sudo aptitude clean
    rm -R ~/.gimp-2.6
    sudo aptitude install gimp

And now it works! XD I probably wouldn't have to reinstall my system if I would just removed the gimp folder in the first place... -.-

Thank you very much ^_^

Beans
    Distro

Hi Kazune,

Nice work! You're welcome. Those pesky configuration files.

Beans

Favux, thank you for your help but I'm afraid i don't understand what you are talking about. Please clarify exactly what lines you need me to change. And i have no idea how that post you mentioned helps me. Please forgive my newbiness.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Evon,

In post number #384, if you look at the bottom, you'll see two xorg.conf's attached. Just click on them and they will download to your desktop. You upload/attach things by using Manage Attachments. Then just double click on them and they'll load into your text editor and you can compare them to your xorg.conf.

Beans

Favux thanks. Got it working. I just gotta figure out how to get the buttons working properly and get the pad to default to relative position.

I'm reading that post you sent me before but I am unclear about the symlinks. Will the symlinks you provided work with my TTC-460?
    Last edited by Evon; January 30th, 2010 at 01:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Evon,

Great!

Just follow the link to set up wacomcpl (Wacom Control Panel) and that will help.

You can add to wacompcl's .xinitrc:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set touch Mode Relative
    I don't recognize your model number. Did you mean CTT460? The Touch?

Edit: OK that's what you have, I checked your first post. I'm not sure on the udev rule for it since I developed them before a Touch joined the thread. I think the second rule for the P & T's (not the Pen) will work for the Touch too but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Favux; January 30th, 2010 at 02:38 AM.

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast