Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi ehfortin,

Thanks for updating on the .fdi. Interestingly it was the other way around with marek_online, using:
    Code:
        <match key="info.category" contains="input">
    broke stylus for him, whereas:
    Code:
        <match key="input.originating_device" contains="if0">
    worked. See his post #340.

Gali98 checked out adding libhal1-dev and it didn't break xorg.conf. Unfortunately neither of us is getting 0.8.5 to work even with it added.

Ehfortin the double entries from HAL and then xorg.conf is one of the things 0.8.5 is suppose to fix.

Does anyone know if the new Bamboo's are suppose to support the Wacom mouse? I know some have pad.
    I just fixed my dual entry in xinput --list --short. I had to use the if0 as you put it but I had to do a match with the contains_outof instead of just contains. With this, I only have the stylus, the touch and the eraser defined and wacomcpl is also happy with it. Didn't tried it yet in gimp but I still have to put the new patch into my code before trying.

Here is the new .fdi that is working and should work for marek_online as well as I'm back to refering to if0 in it as it was the case before.

@marek_online: I saw that your xinput --list is still showing "Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5" in front of "eraser", "stylus" and such. wacomcpl seems to only work with the short version (one word only) so that's what this .fdi should accomplish for you. Once copied and you reconnect the tablet, you should get stylus, eraser and touch as the result of a xinput --list --short.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <!-- this is probably a bit imprecise -->
    <deviceinfo version="0.2">
      <device>
        <match key="input.originating_device" contains_outof="if0">
        <match key="info.product" contains_outof="Wacom">
        <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wacom</merge>
        <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">stylus</merge>
        <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
        <merge key="input.x11_options.DebugLevel" type="string">12</merge>
        <append key="info.callouts.add" type="strlist">hal-setup-wacom</append>
        <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">eraser</append>
        <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">touch</append>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device>
      <device>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="eraser">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">eraser</merge>
        </match>
      </device>
      <device>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="touch">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">touch</merge>
        </match>
      </device>
    </deviceinfo>
    Let see if it is working for others. Note that I voluntary removed the pad and cursor section so if you need it, you will have to add those in the same format as what is done for the three remaining one.

@Favux: The new model don't have mouse. However, I think I saw that we can get one as an accessory. Will have to double check this. Just did and there is a mouse for the bamboo Fun but... I have no idea if it is for the old version, the new one or both. If anybody can find out, that would be useful.

So, I'm heading for the new patch and will come back with logs and results.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I have decided to change line 174 in src/2.6.28/wacom_wac.c from:
    Code:
        if (data[1] & 0x80) {
    to:
    [code[ if (data[1] != 0x80) {p/code]
    So that the eraser will be reset. I am currently noticing that it does not get reset when the stylus gets flipped from eraser to pen.

However, this change might take us back to the issue where the eraser does not come back when you go from eraser, to pen, and back to eraser.

If you test this wcm2_patch, please try going from eraser, to pen, and back to eraser. Let me know if the cursor moves towards the upper left hand corner when the stylus is moved out of range of the pad and if the eraser still works or not. If it does not work, please try moving the stylus in pen mode in and out of pad range two times and see if the eraser works again. Also please attach the /var/log/messages and /var/log/Xorg.0.log files. Thanks!
    Interestingly, as already reported, yes it fixes the movement of the pointer when moving out of range. Also, pen and eraser are working great BUT you have to get 2 times out of range and come back with the same end of the stylus so that it is recognized correctly.

For example, in gimp, If I start drawing, it is recognized as a stylus. If I move to the eraser, it works the first time. I got back to using the pen but... it stays in eraser. I get out of range and come back with the pen and then, it is recognized as the stylus. If I want to erase something, putting the eraser will still stay in stylus mode until I get out of range and come back to the tablet again with the eraser. Then it will be recognized as the eraser.

I think you were expecting this. I'm including my log (truncated because I just saw it is over 80MB large). I should have a complete session after disconnect/reconnect.

We are getting there. Slowly but surely.

ehfortin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Thanks for the update and assistance. Would it be possible to see the entire messages log? The information that you posted does not show the switching back to pen because the log might have been cut short. It currently shows that the pen was just removed and the eraser was just reaching the pad but it never made contact. I would like to see the portion where the eraser makes the contact and is lifted out of contact. This is where the eraser somehow does not seem to be reporting correctly back to xorg. The data in the messages file is accurate in reporting the data line (so it should show the stylus flipping), but the rest of the information is based on what was done to the code change.

Also, can you verify that the DebugLevel is set in your .fdi file? The sample on how it should look like is in post 330.
    The messages log is too big to post to the forum (the last excerpt I posted was just under the limit) - if you want to PM me a mail address I can mail you the whole thing (it's rather large).

I'm now using the fdi file ehfortin posted above (which works, thanks!) and so DebugLevel should now be set correctly. It wasn't before, I don't think.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Attached is a copy of most of the wacom information in /var/log/messages for the session in question. Still couldn't fit it all, but should be more than you need I think.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by marek_online; October 25th, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Beans

I just tried the new patch. The scrolling effect is not there anymore.
    And the cursors stays at its last position.

I have one last question: How can I set the modus to "relative" (so if I have two displays, a painted circle will not be a circle)?

EDIT: the mouse won't work with GIMP anymore. Also if I set the mode in GIMP to screen (it was deisabled for the mouse).
    Last edited by _Stefan_3_; October 25th, 2009 at 07:06 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi _Stefan_3_,

Are you using a .fdi or a xorg.conf?

The mouse you are talking about is a mouse you use in Gimp correct? Not a Wacom mouse that comes with your tablet?

Beans

Are you using a .fdi or a xorg.conf?
    I am using .fdi.

The mouse you are talking about is a mouse you use in Gimp correct? Not a Wacom mouse that comes with your tablet?
    My Hardware mouse is not working in GIMP.
    The Wacom table mouse works in GIMP.

Edit->Settings->Input Devices->Configure Enhanced Input Devices

(I just have the German version, so I do not know if it is correctly translated)

I set the Wacom Pen mode to screen and I set my hardware mouse mode to screen.

I can draw with my tablet but not with my hardware mouse.

Beans
    Distro

Hi _Stefan_3_,

For a .fdi to use relative:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Mode" type="string">Relative</merge>
    Changing 'Relative' to 'Absolute' is the default.

What model do you have? Is it the Bamboo Fun (CTH661)? Did the Wacom mouse come with it or did you have one? The US Wacom web site doesn't mention a Wacom mouse option.

There appears to be a pointer conflict in Gimp.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    What model do you have? Is it the Bamboo Fun (CTH661)? Did the Wacom mouse come with it or did you have one? The US Wacom web site doesn't mention a Wacom mouse option.

There appears to be a pointer conflict in Gimp.
    I do have the CTL-460.

Wacom mouse?

I cannot draw anything with USB mouse, just with my pen on the graphictablet.

I have set the mode of the tablet to relative. If I want to draw a point in GIMP, it draws me a line from 0,0 absolute screenwidth/heigth to the point I have touched.

Beans
    Distro

Hi _Stefan_3_,

OK. No Wacom mouse. Was there an option to get/use a Wacom mouse?

For your usb mouse to work in Gimp you need to disable it in Gimp's extended input devices. Give that a try.

Beans

Ok, my USB mouse works again.

Still the problem with the relative mode of the table.

I have attached a screenshot of what happens if I want to draw a point in GIMP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast