Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by Tom1965 View Post
    There are only a few minor items open:
    1. The pressure level seems to be 1024 and not 512 (which is from the vendor spec!). But wacdump delivers numbers up to 1023 for the pressure and I can commit that the pressure functionality works much better with 1023 in the wacom_wac.c instead of 511.
    I have updated the info to reflect 1023 for the next patch release. EDIT: It is now in the wcm2_patch

2. The wacompl program still does not work. There is no device shown in the selection window...
    See Favux's post above.

3. I'm missing the model number in wacdump. Might be also related to problems with the wacompl program... Right now it always shows: MODEL=Unknown.
    The code has not been updated for this yet. I have found part of what is missing and trying to get it coded for the next patch release. EDIT: It is now ready for testing in the wcm2_patch

4. The XServer restarts when plugging in the panel the first time (module not loaded before, no wacom entries in xorg.conf). Everything works fine after the re-logon...
    I am not for sure about this one. This one might take a while to figure out.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 24th, 2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Updated info because the wcm2_patch now has the changes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ayuthia, I've not been able to apply the patch for wacom_wac.c I'm always getting this message:

The next patch would create the file src/2.6.28/wacom_wac.c,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]

If I say no, it ask me if I want to continue and if so, it says that 1 out of 1 hunk ignored. If I say yes, it says 1 out of 1 hunk ignored as well.

I think the file is reversed to what it should be or something weird is happening. Can you double check it?

Thank you.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    Ayuthia, I've not been able to apply the patch for wacom_wac.c I'm always getting this message:

The next patch would create the file src/2.6.28/wacom_wac.c,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]

If I say no, it ask me if I want to continue and if so, it says that 1 out of 1 hunk ignored. If I say yes, it says 1 out of 1 hunk ignored as well.

I think the file is reversed to what it should be or something weird is happening. Can you double check it?

Thank you.

ehfortin
    I compared the changes to a file that did not exist so it tried to write the entire source. It should now be fixed. Sorry about that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I compared the changes to a file that did not exist so it tried to write the entire source. It should now be fixed. Sorry about that.
    Yes, that's what I figured after some time. I've removed the file, it created a new one and I moved it to the proper place.

I don't remember what was supposed to be tested with this version. I'll have to reboot to see if it change the touch type requested that became eraser because of x and y at 0.

For the rest (in plug&play mode), it seems just like before with no data at all for the touch mode (nothing is coming from the buttons or from touching the pad). Stylus is still working correctly.

I've tried to port the code you wrote in 0.8.5 just to see if it would do anything else. The changes are made in a similar way as what was there so... basically, I have a version 0.8.5 that does exactly the same as our current status with the patches which means the stylus is working but nothing is coming from the touch mode.

I'm really curious to see how they implemented the touch portion for this Bamboo P&T. The easiest way is to use the same communication protocol and just add new ID that once recognized by the code would branch somewhere else but... is that what they said?

I've looked a bit at what was changed in 0.8.5 for the new tabletPC and it was mostly creating a new tablet type as you did with BAMBOO_PT and they seems to have really similar code as what was already there for the other tabletPC (they added some "or" in the condition).

Anyway, I'll let you know once I reboot clean and I'll get some logs out. Just to be sure, I'll redownload the new patch kit and reapply the whole thing.

Thank you.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Just so you are all aware...

I did send off a patch to the Linux Wacom Tablet Project. It is not the most current but it will let Ping and his gang test it also. I did include 1024 values for pressure.

I'll keep an eye out here once in a while and maybe update them as things progress.

@Ayuthia, it would be good if you could connect with Ping yourself. If you are interested, pm me and I'll send you his email. I have mentioned this forum and you and Favux more then once to him.
    Last edited by kgingeri; October 24th, 2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: cosmetics

Beans

Ayuthia,

So, now (with the latest wcm2_patch) I can see some devices in the wacompl: eraser, cursor, pad and stylus. But when I click on stylus I get an error message: Can't read "isLCD(212): no such element in...
    And there is still no model number in the wacdump - it might be correlated...

Thanks and regards
    Tom1965

Beans

Hi, I've been following this for the last couple of days and it's fantastic to watch! I've bought a CTH-460, and am hoping to get it to work. I'm not sure how much help I can be at this stage, but I noticed a couple of comments about problems with MaxTouchY - might it be relevant that the touch area on the device is smaller than the pen area?

From the box:
    Pen active area size: 147 x 92mm (5.9 x 3.6in)
    Touch active area size: 125 x 85mm (4.9 x 3.4in)
    For me, following the instructions in Post #144 and using the fdi from, I think #212, I haven't been able to get anything out of the device.

dmesg and /var/log/messages have this:

Code:
    [ 1255.388054] usb 7-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
    [ 1255.551793] usb 7-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    There are 10 events in /dev/input, but none responds to the tablet - neither pen nor touch (and there are no Wacom devices in the "by-id" directory there).

lshal | grep [Ww]acom produces the following (so no :input.x11_driver = 'wacom' (string)):
    Code:
    info.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
      usb_device.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
      usb.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
      usb.vendor = 'Wacom Co., Ltd'  (string)
    lsusb | grep Wacom gives this:
    Code:
    Bus 007 Device 003: ID 056a:00d1 Wacom Co., Ltd
    What should my next move be? I'm not sure how frequently I can check back, but can I be of any help (knowing next to nothing about any of this)?

Just in case: I'm running Jaunty with the 2.6.28-15-generic kernel.

Cheers.
    Last edited by marek_online; October 24th, 2009 at 10:11 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tom1965 View Post
    Ayuthia,

So, now (with the latest wcm2_patch) I can see some devices in the wacompl: eraser, cursor, pad and stylus. But when I click on stylus I get an error message: Can't read "isLCD(212): no such element in...
    And there is still no model number in the wacdump - it might be correlated...

Thanks and regards
    Tom1965
    Hey Tom, I had this problem with my device but mine said isLCD(210). Which model do you have? Just curious.

You can fix this by creating the element in the array yourself in the script wacomcpl runs. It's a shell script called wacomcpl-exec and is located in linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src/wacomxi if you haven't installed it yet or in /usr/bin/wacomcpl-exec and /usr/local/bin/wacomcpl-exec. Edit whichever one is executed.

First of all you need to find the line that says set
    Code:
    maxNumTablets 199
    and change that 199 to a number at least 212. For good measure I kicked mine up to 250 and it works. Then you wanna go ahead and add a few elements to some arrays that will be accessed.

Look at all the errors you receive depending on what device you are trying to choose. For me I only got two different error. One complaining about isLCD(210) and hasPad(210). So right below where I changed maxNumTablets I also added the elements for isLCD and hasPad with...

Code:
    set maxNumTablets 250
    set isLCD(210) 0  # I have no lcd on my tablet
    set hasPad(210) 1 # I do have a pad
    set numPadButtons(210) 4 # I have four buttons on the pad
    So add this code to the bash script wacomcpl=exec and change those 210's to 212 and customize it for your device and that sucker will work.

I read somewhere that changes made with wacomcpl will revert after a restart and you need a script to save them so look out for that.
    Last edited by johnny2k; October 24th, 2009 at 11:34 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    lsusb | grep Wacom gives this:
    Code:
    Bus 007 Device 003: ID 056a:00d1 Wacom Co., Ltd
    What should my next move be? I'm not sure how frequently I can check back, but can I be of any help (knowing next to nothing about any of this)?

Just in case: I'm running Jaunty with the 2.6.28-15-generic kernel.

Cheers.
    Did you add the udev rules? Try this one if you don't have it already.

Code:
    #/etc/udev/rules.d/60-wacom.rules 
    # udev rules for wacom tablets.

KERNEL!="event[0-9]*", GOTO="wacom_end"

# Multiple interface support for stylus and touch devices.
    DRIVERS=="wacom", ATTRS{bInterfaceNumber}=="00", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}="stylus"
    DRIVERS=="wacom", ATTRS{bInterfaceNumber}=="01", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}="touch"

# Convenience links for the common case of a single tablet.  We could do just this:
    #ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", SYMLINK+="input/wacom-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
    # but for legacy reasons, we keep the input/wacom link as the generic stylus device.
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d1", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}=="stylus", SYMLINK+="input/wacom"
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d1", ENV{WACOM_TYPE}=="touch", SYMLINK+="input/wacom-touch"

# Check and repossess the device if a module other than the wacom one
    # is already bound to it.
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ACTION=="add", RUN+="check_driver wacom $devpath $env{ID_BUS}"

LABEL="wacom_end"
    This will make your events point to /dev/input/wacom and /dev/input/wacom-touch

Configure your /etc/X11/xorg.conf or an .fdi. I recommened the xorg for now. I've had better luck with that. Read more about that here and make sure you read that paragraph and look in the server layout section.
    http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/in...howto/inputdev
    So far I haven't configured touch to work on my CTH-461 (Craft, 056a:00d2) but I have pretty good stylus and pad support. I'll attach my xorg.conf so you can take a peek.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2k View Post
    Hey Tom, I had this problem with my device but mine said isLCD(210). Which model do you have? Just curious.
    set maxNumTablets 250
    set isLCD(210) 0 # I have no lcd on my tablet
    set hasPad(210) 1 # I do have a pad
    set numPadButtons(210) 4 # I have four buttons on the pad
    [/code]So add this code to the bash script wacomcpl=exec and change those 210's to 212 and customize it for your device and that sucker will work.

I read somewhere that changes made with wacomcpl will revert after a restart and you need a script to save them so look out for that.
    Cool, I've implemented your changes for my Bamboo Pen (CTL-460) and it works now - great!

Thanks

And I also found the problem with the wacdump solved: I had 2 programs in place, one in /usr/bin and one in /usr/local/bin. Only the one from /usr/bin was the latest and greatest - and it works as supposed. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Tom1965
    Last edited by Tom1965; October 24th, 2009 at 11:49 AM.

Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast