Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Thanks! I am going to have to review yours a little more. From an initial glance at it, it looks like you have might have more data than others that is showing up. The other part of it is that it looks like the wcm2_patch might be able to work with your stylus also. Of course, the patch does need more work before it is fully operational.

EDIT:
    I have updated wcm2_patch a little more. It should now be identifying all the 0xfN (N is any value 0-9)values and grouping them to the stylus or eraser. I also changed the button identification so it will hopefully send the button events when they are on pad. The patch is at the same location.

Just to summarize since there has been quite a bit of activity, the wcm_patch is currently being used to help gather some pen and finger events coming into the kernel module (wacom_wac.c). The wcm2_patch is the current fix that we are trying to apply to wacom_wac.c so that it will send the correct information to the xorg wacom module.

The stylus is the current focus. Most of the codes have been identified and we are currently trying to put them all in place. We have created another function inside of wacom_wac.c based on the wacom_graphire_irq to handle the Wacom Pen and Touch variations (0xd1, 0xd2, 0xd3, and 0xd4). The patches can be found on post 144 and we currently don't have an official xorg.conf and .fdi definition set up quite yet.
    I have tried the wcm2_patch but it did not work. I can't move the mouse at all anymore.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by TheguywholikesLINUX View Post
    I have tried the wcm2_patch but it did not work. I can't move the mouse at all anymore.
    Can you post the results of the /var/log/Xorg.0.log for the time when the mouse is not working? If you reboot, then the file is /var/log/Xorg.0.log. As far as I know, the code should not have affected your mouse (unless there is one on the Wacom device). The rules on how the kernel moudle grabs devices have not changed. The Xorg.0.log will help and see if xorg did not like something.

Also, the /var/log/messages detail might help too. It will also let us know if the mouse was found by the kernel.

The first set of logs that you sent was different than the others because it contained extra codes that have not been seen yet. Do you recall if that test was with touch?

I will be creating another patch soon that will provide some detail about data[6] and data[7] (the two values being used for pressre) again. Am I correct that only the 0xD2 (johnny2K) and the 0xD3 (ehfortin) have the max pressure at 1024 and the other two have 512?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've used my tablet a lot more this morning and, the code seems very stable for everything that is related to pen usage (stylus). None of the button or the touch functions are working at all (I'm on 0xD3 CTH-661 Bambo fun & touch). So that's one area that will have to be looked at.

I've added the same code as kgingeri in my xorg.conf as, as expected, it get the tablet working as soon as I boot. However, there are some related side effect.

When we configure the xorg.conf, we define the "stylus" (I've not created the eraser, touch and other stuff yet). So, after a clean boot, if I go in Gimp, I can see "stylus" as being one of the device that I can activate pressure level on it, which work fine. However, once I disconnect/reconnect the tablet, it is not called stylus anymore. Gimp still show it but it will use a device called "Wacom Bamboo P&T 6x8". I think this is the name that was defined somewhere in the code. I have to look back. I'm guessing I would have to use the same name everywhere and make a difference between stylus, eraser and probably other features like touch and pad once they are working.

I now have to run for something else but wanted to confirm that the code is working great for me even if I still have to figure some stuff around it to be able to say it is working as expected.

ehfortin

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I will be creating another patch soon that will provide some detail about data[6] and data[7] (the two values being used for pressre) again. Am I correct that only the 0xD2 (johnny2K) and the 0xD3 (ehfortin) have the max pressure at 1024 and the other two have 512?

At least the 0xD4 (CTL-460) seems to have a max pressure of 1024 as well (At least I got also values up to 1023 in the logfile). But there is a discrepancy: The official spec says that it has only 512 pressure levels (The Pen&Touch is listed with 1024).
    For sure I can tell you that my CTL-460 has no eraser

Best regards
    Last edited by Tom1965; October 22nd, 2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: More details and correction.

Beans

Unfortunately I had no time to follow the thread the last days.

So I just tried again to get it working and it does
    Moving the pen, tipping on the tablet and pressing the two buttons on the pen (middle and right key) works correctly.

There is also no problem if I connect a second monitor to my PC.
    I can use the tablet for the new screenwidth without any problems.

Thanks to kgingeri. I did as he said in Post #233.

If I am up to date there are still two problems:
    1) If the pen gets up from the table, the mousecursor points at 0,0 px.
    2) Sensitive input does not work.

EDIT: Ok, I just detected a problem. If I get closer on the table with the pen (but do not touching it) the result ist scrolling up.
    Last edited by _Stefan_3_; October 22nd, 2009 at 04:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I have made the updates to grab the information for the pressure again. It looks like the Bamboo Pen is the only one in the group that has the max pressure listed at 512. The rest of the series have 1024.

The patch is now trying to gain some information about the buttons on the pad.

So for those who would like to help, please attach the /var/log/messages log to your post (please make it an attachment instead of pasting--they can be long at times). When you are testing it, please check to see if the pen and eraser are responding. Those with touch capabilities, please try out one finger on the pad and then two fingers.

The patch can be found here.

At this point, it looks like the Bamboo Pen and the Bamboo Craft are the two that are currently responding well with the patch. The .fdi file that seems to be working is located here.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TheguywholikesLINUX View Post
    I was just thinking about this and I was wondering if your mouse is a USB mouse. If it is, it could be that the USB module crashed. If it did, there should be a record of it in /var/log. If it crashed and you rebooted, the log should be under /var/log/messages.0. If it has been a few reboots ago, it can be found under one of the messages.X.gz files where X is a number between 1-5.

Beans

I have logged the information in /var/log/messages.

Sorry if I missed a response. But how do I get the pressure working with gimp?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_3_ View Post
    I have logged the information in /var/log/messages.

Sorry if I missed a response. But how do I get the pressure working with gimp?
    You will need to try the wcm2_patch in post 144. The current code that was being used is treating the device as a mouse so no pressure data was being used. The new patch will create a different function for your device that will be able to distinguish the stylus and eraser (if applicable) along with providing pressure.

EDIT: I just read your log and it seems that you are using the wcm2_patch (you might try the one currently in post 144). If that is the case, you might try using the .fdi file from this post.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 22nd, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

Beans

I do use the patch und .fdi file you said...

Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast