Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

I've tried just for fun to change f0 to f1 and f8 to f9. It's not working either but I'm not surprised. I'm not even sure I tried it at the proper place

I've saw that
    f0: pen near table
    f1: pen touch table
    f2: bottom button near table
    f4: upper button near table
    f3: bottom button while pen touch table
    f5: upper button while pen touch table.

I think I saw some stuff about this in the code but I just wanted to make sure it was known.

@Favux: Yes, that's fine. So, linuxwacom is picking up because it is XExtensionKeyboard that is showing.

Thank you guys.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

It does look like 0.8.5 is busted. At least for my tablet pc with touch. Stylus, eraser, and touch work on screen. But Gimp can no longer distinguish stylus from eraser and is unstable. Nothing in wacomcpl when I click on touch. Reverting to 0.8.4-3 fixes everything.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post

So, we now have f1, f0 and e0 for the pen and f8 and f9 for the eraser.

f0 is when the pen is above the tablet without touching it.
    f1 is when the pen touch the tablet
    f8 is when the eraser is above the tablet without touching it
    f9 is when the eraser touch the tablet.

I have no idea was is e0 but I would think it is a state change. I also saw d0 after f0. It's always for 1 or 2 IRQ at most.

Does this means we have to change f0 by f1 and f8 by f9?

ehfortin
    The reason why it was not switching was because I forgot to change the switch value. I have made that correction along with switching the f1 and f9. We will most likely need to add more details for the other codes soon. For now, we will try to see if we can get the pen and eraser to make contact. The patches are at the usual location.

EDIT: Minor detail, I did not compile this version to make sure that it compiled clean. The changes were pretty minor so hopefully I did not leave something out.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; October 20th, 2009 at 11:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi everyone,

It does look like 0.8.5 is busted. At least for my tablet pc with touch. Stylus, eraser, and touch work on screen. But Gimp can no longer distinguish stylus from eraser and is unstable. Nothing in wacomcpl when I click on touch. Reverting to 0.8.4-3 fixes everything.
    I just downloaded 0.8.5 to see what the changes were. From the supplied .fdi file, it looks like the eraser and touch are all combined into one device (stylus). However your guide defines the stylus, eraser, and touch are all separate devices. How did you test the new version (with the .fdi or the xorg.conf)? I am just curious because I thought about combining the stylus and touch into one device when I created my N-Trig driver but I figured that GIMP would just treat it as one device so I could not have my finger as one color and the pen as another color.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

We have success! I can draw line and select menu without problem. On the eraser side, the log is saying that it detect the eraser mode but none of the application (Xournal, Gimp or Mypaint) are recognizing it as an eraser. It is just another drawing point.

The pressure also works great in all apps.

With that being said, everything is not perfect. While I was in mypaint and in Xournal, at some point the cursor stop moving for no reason. I was unable to take the control back unless I move the cursor with the mouse and return the cursor in the app. The issue seems related to the state change. For example, in Xournal, if I take a note with the pen, then try the eraser (which still just add more content) and then try to go back to the pen point, I usually loose the cursor. BTW, once I remove the pen from the tablet, the arrow "jump" to another area of the screen (like 3-4" higher) and that's usually when I'm loosing the ability to manage the cursor.

Are these the expected quirks you were looking for?

Thank you. It is really great to see we are progressing in the right direction.

ehfortin
    Last edited by ehfortin; October 21st, 2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Few mispelled words

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    We have success! I can draw line and select menu without problem. On the eraser side, the log is saying that it detect tllhe erasler mode but none of the application (Xournal, Gimp or Mypaint) are recognizing it as an eraser. It is just another drawing point.

The pressure also works great in all apps.

With that being said, everything is not perfect. While I was in mypaint and in Xournal, at some point the cursor stop moving for no reason. I was unable to take the control back unless I move the cursor with the mouse and return the cursor in the app. The issue seems related to the state change. For example, in Xournal, if I take a note with the pen, then try the eraser (which still just add more content) and then try to go back to the pen point, I usually loose the cursor. BTW, once I remove the pen from the tablet, the arrow "jump" to another area of the screen (like 3-4" higher) and that's usually when I'm loosing the ability to manage the cursor.

Are these the expected quirks you were looking for?

Thank you. It is really great to see we are progressing in the right direction.

ehfortin
    That is great to hear! The cursor stopping is most likely because we don't have all the codes mapped yet. I will look at the code further and see if I can add more for the morning.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Ayuthia,

From the supplied .fdi file, it looks like the eraser and touch are all combined into one device (stylus). However your guide defines the stylus, eraser, and touch are all separate devices. How did you test the new version (with the .fdi or the xorg.conf)?
    I tested with xorg.conf and gali98 tried with multiple .fdi's. Can't get it to work.

I'm very skeptical of the new .fdi in 0.8.5. As you remember from our n-trig .fdi adventures, and from gali98's and my search for a wacom .fdi for usb tablet pc's, appending to info.callout doesn't work for touch. At least with our hardware. The touch is on a different usb pci by-path. Maybe that isn't true of the new hardware. But the lshal's I've seen seem to suggest that isn't so. It still look's like there is a need to match to 'if0' and 'if1' or something similar.

Beans
    Distro

I have made a change to the wcm2_patch so that it might detect the pen leaving the pad. The previous version was not clearing out the data properly.

This hopefully will fix the cursor problem. I will need to check into how the eraser works to see if we can get the eraser to work like an eraser instead of just another writing device.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Boy - you go away from this forum for a day or two and it takes an hour to get updated

@Ayuthia, I will try your patch work. I only have the simplest of the new tablets so I of limited help that way.

I'd like to clear up one confusion... Are you guys using fdi files or Xorg or is everyone doing everything?! Would it not be best to do all in the xorg.conf and later transfer it to fdi files?? Oh and if fdi - which one 10-wacom.fdi or the 40-xerver... one?

@Favux, I did try your suggestions way back before sign off a day or so ago, and got something like:
    "xf86WcmChangeControl: dev stylus set 0xf to 0x6"
    Is this the info you were thinking of with the "xsetwacom set stylus CommonDBG 6" cmd?

Now tonight I just noticed that xinput --list is showing [XExtensionPointer] for some stuff but not Stylus - that's ]XExtensionKeyboard]
    "

Off I go a patching...

Beans
    Distro

OK, gali98 just looked at the .fdi in 0.8.5 and then emailed the LWP list.
    In testing 0.8.5 I came across some unusual problems. I use HAL with
    fdi files to get my wacom stuff working on Ubuntu (currently on 9.10
    beta.) I have a usb tablet PC (hp tx2000z) and most every release from
    8.2-2 on up have worked just fine.
    But when I compile this release and use the same fdi file, nothing
    works. I am attaching the file.
    The thing is, the lshal output is the same in either case (Using 0.8.5
    or 0.8.4-3) but it only works on 0.8.4-3. I have tracked it down to the
    xorg driver. Using the xorg driver from 0.8.4-3 and the module from
    0.8.5 fixes everything.

So my question is - is it a bug in the driver, or did you somehow change
    how the driver works (if it's the second one, how should I change my fdi
    file to reflect that?)
    Hi kgingeri,

I think ehfortin is using the new .fdi in 0.8.5. I'm not sure.

That isn't a stylus serial number. But don't worry about it because we don't need to try and force anything anymore. Ayuthia's patch should get you there. I don't see any reason you can't continue to use your xorg.conf. If anything it might be an advantage to be looking at the code changes through both xorg.conf and the .fdi. Unless Ayuthia feels differently.

The wacom.fdi is the html code stuff. The 40-xserver....wacom.rules is the symlink in udev.

Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast