Thread: [Request] Evernote for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question [Request] Evernote for Linux

Hello All,

I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong section. I've been trying to wrap my head around programming for some time but it seems that I am too right-brained to fully comprehend it. I know the basics but not enough to create something complex from scratch.

Anyhow, I was hoping that somebody shared my interest in Evernote as a note management system. While they are not exactly open-source they do offer an API. I have looked at free/open-source alternatives but Evernote's image recognition really is a killer feature for me. I take photos with my phone all the time and upload it to Evernote for later retrieval.

The problem is there is not a Linux version and the Windows version running in Wine looks horrible. Would somebody be interested in possibly creating something like this? it looks like the API supports several of the popular programming languages. I would be more than happy to provide support, art/graphics, documentation creation, etc.

Thanks!

Beans

Re: [Request] Evernote for Linux

I was just doing a search to see if anyone had combated this...

I would love to see this too. The ability to synchronize notes is awesome in Evernote.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

How about NEVERNOTE?!!
    a linux version of Evernote.
    http://www.nevernote.org

Beans

The standard note program in Linux is Tomboy. I'm satisfied with it, and have no interest in another wheel invention.
    Asus EEE 900 with Linux Mint Debian Edition
    Linux user 497460

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, Nevernote + the evernote web clipper (browser addon) make a great combination...!
    Nevernote is good... off to a great start...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by doublewitt View Post
    How about NEVERNOTE?!!
    a linux version of Evernote.
    http://www.nevernote.org
    Nevernote is garbage, and installing evernote with an old version of wine also fails in the latest version of ubuntu precise.

Back to nixnote / nevernote, it's crap / garbage. I wastead a lot of time with it. I installed it several times and it kept corrupting it's own database and never worked correctly. I'm a full time software developer and a fairly experienced linux user, so if I can't install it, I think it's safe to say 99% of the other linux users out there would have similar problems.

I guess I'll try and use tomboy; hopefully that will give me what I need.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Old thread closed.