Thread: Moonlight for netflix?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Moonlight for netflix?

I know there have been several threads about a) getting moonlight to work (esp in 64-bit environments) and b) getting netflix to work (so far with no success, it would seem). This may seem like an obvious no, but I thought I'd ask. Has anyone gotten moonlight to work to the point where it will play Netflix vids?

Beans

Re: Moonlight for netflix?

nope.
    I believe the problem is that the drm needed for netflix will not be in moonlight2.
    Support 7z in default installs!!!: Click Here

How to use code blocks to post command output: Click Here
    Official Ubuntu Documentation

Beans

Yeah I don't think it's a go at the moment. I use virtualbox as a workaround. Not the most ideal work-around, but it works!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Yeah, I figured as much. I do the same, ElSlunko, but the one downside to VBox is you (legally speaking) still have to pay for the Winblows CD or use a restore CD, which means that if I continue to use that workaround, I'll have to continue to support Windows (which hurts *nix in the marketplace). But it's no biggie, as my girlfriend's the one who really wants to use netflix in the first place and she'll start using Linux when pictures of starving children become associated with the open source movement.

Maybe.