Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HowTo: SpeedTouch 330 USB Modem

Beans

Re: HowTo: SpeedTouch 330 USB Modem

I've managed to get evrything sorted - so that's bye-bye Windows. If you're running dapper, take a look at http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...edtouch+dapper

I know it's closed, but still helpful. I used 'Keffin's steps:
    So the steps to make this work in dapper:

1) Copy the 2 .bin firmware files (either from speedtouch-firmware_0.3012k_all.deb or just from /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/ in the breezy installation where you have it working) to /lib/firmware.

2) modprobe pppoatm

3) echo "pppoatm" >> /etc/modules

4) Do with /etc/ppp/peers/adslscript as you always did (or just copy it direct from your breezy install).

5) Do with /etc/ppp/chap-secrets and/or /etc/ppp/pap-secrets as you always did (or just copy them direct from your breezy install).

6) Unplug and replug your modem, wait until both lights are fixed on. You only have to do this when you are setting up, after that reboots will notice the modem as in breezy.

7) pppd call adslscript. All of the above steps are one-time-only, but you have to do this every time you reboot when the modem is ready (both lights on) as I can't get the speedtch.txt script to work with udev. You could have it run automatically when you log on, but just don't log on so fast that you beat the modem startup :S.

8) Wait a couple of seconds and you should be up.
    You'll need to do sudo su for step 3, and a couple of sudo mkdir's in there too. Take a look at the link for other posts. Works fine, but I still need to type pppd call adslscript
    everytime I want to connect. Could I set up a shortcut to do that for me, or is there a nicer work-around?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by genbie
    Hey I just tried to post a thread about this in HowTo but it is not showing yet. With Dapper you have to do this:

sudo cp speedtch* /lib/firmware/2.6.15-23-386/

where "speedtch*" are you firmware files.

HTH
    I just put them in /lib/firmware and it works ok.

Beans

Yup, posting from Dapper it works lovely. I put them in /lib/firmware

thanks genbie and lwr

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Lightbulb Re: HowTo: SpeedTouch 330 USB Modem

A easy solution.. just download: http://marco.tondela.org/stuff/speedtch330.tar.gz

sudo sh speed330.sh

and follow the instructions!
    Music is the sedative for mind...

Beans

this may help but i'm not sure. trying to do it myself but i cant find /etc/hotplug thats involved in one of the "how to's".

anyway, are you sure it's not a "." instead of an "@" as in
    username.ispthing.co.uk * password *

just a guess, it may not help but you never know..

Beans

first cup indeed.... ignore the above posting
    my name is "duh"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hi! In Portugal we use username@ispname, and it works. I never have seen a "." instead of "@".

You've some problem after installation using the script ?!

Beans

no, it's just me, i've been following the instructions for breezy or warty while i have dapper. just downloaded the speedtch.tar and will try that soon.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

This script only works on dapper! Just follow the script, if you have any problems, show it here at forum!

Beans

ok... have tried the shell and i guess portugese for silver is 'cinzento' so number 3 it is...
    i have input usrname and password but no joy. tried the sourceforge howto and...
    when i plug the modem in (usb) the lights come on and then the right (asdl) light flashes for a bit but no connection. i think that it's trying to connect but maybe something wrong with the password. i'm actually sharing the account so they have given ne usrname + password.. they said
    'usrname@wanadoo.co.uk'
    although i notice on their speedtouch window on 'windows' it says 'usrname.wanadoo.co.uk@fs'
    i've tried both with no joy... boo hoo!
    suggestions?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast