Thread: Resolution problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unhappy Resolution problems

Ok, so I have done a bit of research on my own and can't seem to find what I need. I have a Sager M72SR laptop and my Vista install crapped out on me this morning so I just installed 9.10 instead of trying to fix Vist. Well I ran all my updates, but I can't get the resolution to go as high as my laptop will support, so nothing really fits on the screen that well. Anybody know how I can go about getting a driver that works...if there even is one? This is honestly the only thing making my Ubuntu install not perfect over Vista, so if I can't fix it I'll just reinstall Vista I suppose

And its 32bit by the way
    Last edited by rtz2rbbl; February 4th, 2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: adding that it is a 32bit OS

Beans

Re: Resolution problems

Before anything else, have you tried going to system - preferences - display? I'm guessing you've had but it doesn't hurt to ask.

There should be a driver if you know what you're looking for (brand, model.. etc. I don't know that much about finding drivers as I've never had to, everything's worked out of the box for me.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Resolution problems

Yea, i checked all that. I'm fairly well versed in Ubuntu, been using it on and off for 2 years now on my desktop. Just now put it on the laptop