Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDE users - Do you use KDE help? Why not?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: KDE users - Do you use KDE help? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Skripka View Post
    I've never used it-because I've almost never actually needed to...and when I do, it is for an app with no khelp documentation.
    That's why I think it would be great if khelpcenter offered to download the document from the repository (or read it online).

For further discussion see: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f...132740#p132740 (and other links in the initial message).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tjk View Post
    That's why I think it would be great if khelpcenter offered to download the document from the repository (or read it online).

For further discussion see: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f...132740#p132740 (and other links in the initial message).
    sounds like a packaging issue the khelp pages are like man pages and should be included with programs.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Xbehave View Post
    sounds like a packaging issue the khelp pages are like man pages and should be included with programs.
    However there are other help documents associated with applications other then the man pages. An example is the app "python-KDE4". There is also a document with the name "python-kde4-doc", which is a very interesting and helpful file. I only happened upon it recently, by chance. Had khelpcenter given me this as an option when I searched for "python" help, it would have saved me a lot of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12