Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Atheros AR9285 Wireless

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Atheros AR9285 Wireless

ivantopo you're a genius. I tested it and my wifi connection is A LOT better (faster) and more stable than before.
    However I experience the same problem as you do, where the installation seems to become invalid after a reboot.

I guess I'm going to write a script that installs the new driver more or less automatically every time I restart. Or there is a better fix maybe?

Beans

Just got a new Lenovo G560 laptop which is a wonderfully fast machine (when it's not running windows 7, of course). I had the problem of inability to connect via wireless, it would attempt to connect to my network but kept asking for the password.

I got it working today by obtaining the 32 bit XP driver from atheros.cz and running that through ndiswrapper. It even works after rebooting. Yay!

Hope this helps others...

Beans

It's worked!! but i have an another compat pack.
    My System is Sony Vaio VPC EB1S1E and i have 2.6.32-27-generic..
    Wireless : AR9285..
    First of all download " compat-wireless-2.6.35-rc2.tar.bz2 " and copy / paste your Desktop..
    After THERE WRITE IN TERMINAL step by step
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    tar -xf compat-wireless-2.6.35.rc2.tar.bz2
    cd compat-wireless-2.6.35.rc2
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo unload
    i hope it'll fix your problems.. thax alot to ivantopo for helping find right compat
    Last edited by sertaconal; January 24th, 2011 at 01:14 AM.

Beans

I'm still experiencing the same problem about the wlan being sticky again after reboot and I wouldn't like to compile the drivers every time again. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Upgrading to the newest version of Ubuntu solved the problem with the wireless. However the newest version doesn't support my graphic card anymore, so I'm still stuck with installing the driver every single time I turn on my machine and want to go on the internet.

Let's hope 11.04 brings salvation.

Beans

dear Wrathe... i spent hours trying to figure out my wireless issues.. but was not getting success... You'r post helped me a lot to solve the same.. Right now my wifi is working absolutely fine... I only registered my account some time back to thank you... Thanks a lot and keep up the good work..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by t0mppa View Post
    I guess you missed the part on the page about simply installing the linux-backports-modules-jaunty (replace jaunty with karmic or hardy or whichever version you happen to use) with apt-get or Synaptic, since that's a version of the latest compat-wireless prebuilt by the Ubuntu kernel team.
    Yeah... Get something to connect to the internet from the internet on the same laptop....

That kind of defeats the purpose...

Beans

Smile Re: Atheros AR9285 Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathe View Post
    If you have an Atheros AR9285 wireless card on Ubuntu 9.04 and cannot get it working, this is for you.

Ubuntu did not automatically detect my card (AR9285) and spent many hours trying to figure this out. The purpose of this is to show you how to get your Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter working without those many hours of finding the wrong answers.

It is very simple.

Download a stable release (I downloaded compat-wireless-2.6.30.tar.bz2) from the following website to your desktop:
    http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download/stable/

Open up Terminal and type:
    (It tells you all this on the website that you download it from.)

Restart.
    Click on the wireless icon in the top right corner of the screen and logon to your wireless network.

Fin!

Edit: Apparently the bleeding edge drivers are faster. I have not tested them though.
    I had encounter the question last night, I help It could be solved by it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345