Thread: The Opera (File Edit View ect.,) bar is driving me NUTS!

Beans

The Opera (File Edit View ect.,) bar is driving me NUTS!

i have changed the theme a dosen times and tried everything els but it wont change from that old windows basic gray look i just want ti to match my theme weather it be my Ubuntu theme or the theme of Opera. i read some where that i can have the drop down menus even be transparent and such so any one know how to do this?

btw it oper 10 and i am running 9.04
    thanks!
    HP Touchsmart Tx2 Tablet - 2.2 GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core - 4GB RAM - 250GB HD - ATI Radeon HD 3200 - Widescreen Integrated Touch-screen - Ubuntu 9.04 -Ayuthia's custom .DEB

Beans

Re: The Opera (File Edit View ect.,) bar is driving me NUTS!

anyone even use opera anymore?
    HP Touchsmart Tx2 Tablet - 2.2 GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core - 4GB RAM - 250GB HD - ATI Radeon HD 3200 - Widescreen Integrated Touch-screen - Ubuntu 9.04 -Ayuthia's custom .DEB

Beans

bump for the Euro shift

Beans
    Hidden!

Plenty of Opera users, Opera is an excellent browser once setup right. Can you tell me what version you are using for Opera? Have you tried qt4 version by any chance?

Beans

i dont know what qt4 is but i am using opera 10 if it matters any i am using 64bit 9.04 ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by R3fr4cti0n View Post
    i dont know what qt4 is but i am using opera 10 if it matters any i am using 64bit 9.04 ubuntu
    Do a sudo apt-get --purge remove opera and then download latest opera from http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/snaps....qt4_amd64.deb

Install and see if the problem persists or goes away.

Beans

yesssss....
    thankyou
    but what was the problem?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by R3fr4cti0n View Post
    yesssss....
    thankyou
    but what was the problem?
    Ubuntu uses qt4 and your Opera used qt3 which doesn't blend with your current theme, thankfully they came out with qt4 version which solves the issue.