Thread: is my windows software causong problems?

Beans

is my windows software causong problems?

i am playing World of Warcraft on my computer and it seems that only when i have that on that my mouse will periodically stop working. it is a USB mouse so i just unplug it and plug it back in and it works again... but i was just curious if this was due to having a *cough* windows program on my computer. it sounds good to me to start another problem for windows as the downfall of mankind but it is more a curiosity thing. WoW plays great without much trouble except a little here or there but i know many "windows" users having the same or worse problems. i do usually have firefox open and playing youtube or sometimes a movie playing in vlc (but it doesn't seem to happen much with the movie playing). then again i am wondering if my computer is just not "up to speed"... that is always a worry to me but since i don't have any money left to buy more "goodies" i guess i have to wait a decade or two for my next computer... lol

asus m3a78-em
    phenom quad 9950 2.6Ghz
    4x 2Gb Kingston (KHX6400D2/2G)
    nvidia geforce 9800gt
    wd250oks 250Gb hard drive
    razer copperhead laser gaming mouse
    running on ubuntu 9.04

i do have windows xp on a separate hard drive and i don't use it much at all... i have it mostly for gaming but since WoW is taking most of my time for games i don't bother.

if anyone has some ideas about my mouse i would love to hear about it... if others have ideas and it has got nothing to do with my mouse... tell me anyway...
    Oh life SUX when you actually "need" windows ... WoW works great on ubuntu 9.10 with the newest beta wine 1.1.40

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: is my windows software causong problems?

I've never used WoW, but here's an idea. On the Graphics tab of Wine configuration (Applications -> Wine -> Configure Wine) check "Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window".

Beans

i found that it was my mouse having a short in it that caused the problem...
    Oh life SUX when you actually "need" windows ... WoW works great on ubuntu 9.10 with the newest beta wine 1.1.40

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for letting us know in a timely manner