Thread: Ipod 4th gen help.

Beans

Angry Ipod 4th gen help.

i recently switched to ubuntu because my vista crashed. i ordered my new ipod nano video days before not realizing i was going to have such a difficult time.

i tride gtkpod, banshee, amarok, songbird, itunes in wine, and they ALL failed miserably

in gtkpod, banshee, amarok, and songbird, they music transfers pretty smoothly, but when i go to my ipod it displays 0 songs.

ive installed the libgpod,
    and for songbird the ipod add on.
    in wine i did version itunes7.2 and it runs but it wont detect my ipod.

my ipod is formated to v32 i believe.

im am extremely frustrated ive been trying to get this to work for the last two weeks. someone please help out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ipod 4th gen help.

I don`t know what to say. Our household has 4 ipod nanos 4th gen and they all work perfectly.

One suggestion would be to install the latest banshee from their website. Just remember to remove the one you have first.

banshee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Our household has 4 ipod nanos 4th gen and they all work perfectly.
    I don't believe this for one second.

I sync my ipod by running iTunes in a win7 virtualbox.

You already own vista so it is no problem to run it in virtualbox and if you just use it to run iTunes then you won't likely get any viruses in there.

Another nice trick is once you install and update Vista in the virtualbox you can backup the vista.vdi file and then if the thing does get a virus you can just delete the original .vdi file and use the one you backed up previously. Easy and time saving.

I hope that helps.

My experience is that iPods and other mac products will only sync with apple made software.

Powel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by powel212 View Post
    I don't believe this for one second.
    You calling me a liar?

I also have an 80gig iPod classic and a little tiny shuffle and they all work. Music, Video Album Art. At not one of them has ever seen a Mac, Windows or iTunes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm not calling anybody a liar but like noraguz10 I have also tried everything to sync my ipod in Ubuntu and it has never worked. You must have some mad skills or some special kind of luck.

Powel