Thread: Unsubscribing from thread using Thread Tools menu

Beans

Unsubscribing from thread using Thread Tools menu

The Thread Tools menu only lets you subscribe to thread but not unsubscribe. In addition, once subscribed to a thread, you can still use the menu to subscribe again although pointless.

It would be better if it could detect that you're already subscribed and change the text to "Unsubscribe from this Thread" and let you unsubscribe.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Unsubscribing from thread using Thread Tools menu

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...51&postcount=2

Have you tried that? If so I'm not sure why you can't unsubscribe

Beans

I know I can unsubscribe from my CP, but it would be more convenient if you could unsubscribe from the Thread Tools menu.

Also I have been on another vB forum (Wilders Security Forum) where you can do that so it should possible with the Ubuntu Forums too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What happens if you click the subscribe button again? I'm wondering whether it's a bug that it doesn't update, but still allows you to unsubscribe.

Beans

If I click Subscribe again, well it gives me the normal subscribe page:

I can use this to change to notification type, but otherwise it does nothing since Im already subscribed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I always wanted this feature too.
    Microsoft's crimes - Ubuntu CE - Windows 7 sins

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOtaku View Post
    No no, I won't indulge your superiority complex... But if you'd like to tell me something you're passionate about, I'd love the chance to belittle it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ok, I also realised I'd subscribed to too many and couldn't see an obvious way to unsub.
    Fiddling around though...

Pull up your User CP and go to List Subscriptions on bottom left.
    Then against the thread you wish to unsub, tick the Notification box on the right.
    Then in the Drop Down Box at the screen bottom you can select "Delete Subscription".
    Done.
    Donal
    Ireland
    Registered Linux User #477443

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_user View Post
    The Thread Tools menu only lets you subscribe to thread but not unsubscribe. In addition, once subscribed to a thread, you can still use the menu to subscribe again although pointless.

It would be better if it could detect that you're already subscribed and change the text to "Unsubscribe from this Thread" and let you unsubscribe.
    I'd like to reiterate this request. It's standard in vBulletin - I don't know why it's not working this way on this board.

It would be much easier to unsubscribe with this feature working properly (yes, I know how to do it via the list of subscriptions page), and would help confirm you are subscribed to a thread.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Also, every other vB board I use shows an icon in the list of threads for threads you've subscribed to. I assume it's a default setting, but it doesn't happen here. Maybe it's linked to this requirement?