Thread: Latitude E5500, misc things

Beans

Latitude E5500, misc things

Hey all,

I have been running Ubuntu 9.04 on my new Latitude for a week or so now and I have to say I am very impressed with how everything worked out of the box, I am used to a bit of a struggle to get laptops functioning the way I like.
    The sound is a bit of an issue but isn't that always the case, master volume is maxed and within a few % is hardly audible is there a way to change its range? Also microphone stuff, sounds like I'm miles away when I talk louder its too loud and just distorts, probably another range issue.

There is something I wanted some advice on, the VGA out there is a button on the keyboard with turns the VGA port on it seems, that works fine but the LCD doesn't turn off so X has a bit of a fit resizing the laptop desktop and ends up deciding black bars on the side are the way to go on the LCD.
    How can I tell ubuntu that when I hit this button I want to toggle the VGA port on with a 1680*1050 res (TV) and the LCD off, and then turn the VGA port off and turn the LCD back on with 1280*800.

Best regards,
    Wip
    Got something that needs fixing? Dont ask me.

Beans

Re: Latitude E5500, misc things

Afraid no progress, I can settle for just the right res on the TV and turn the laptop around. But for some reason the gui wont let me select the correct resolution.
    Got something that needs fixing? Dont ask me.