Thread: Urgent, System Crashes after updating it.

Beans

Exclamation Urgent, System Crashes after updating it.

Ive just installed my Ubuntu 9.10 and finished updating it, after rebooting, it crashes and here is a screenshot of it.
    P/S : Meanwhile before rebooting it i always just installed my graphic card. nVidia 9600M GT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by noveus; October 3rd, 2009 at 06:01 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Urgent, System Crashes after updating it.

Thats not entirely crashed, its detected problems with your file system and had dropped into a command line to give you the chance to fix it.
    try running:
    Code:
    fsck /dev/sda5
    And answering yes to all the questions (NOTE: this may mean you've lost data but i'm sure you won't have anything imporant on a machine running a beta
    There is NO such thing as a humble opinion
    Remember : RUNNING UNKNOWN COMMANDS CAN DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER
    Please read and ensure you understand the entire thread before posting to avoid redundant and/or irrelevant and/or misleading posts.

Beans

Im sorry im just being panic. Ill give it a try, Thank You. Please wait for my reply cause im afraid ill need further assistance.

Beans

Hey thanks lot, im now replying using ubuntu. Im wondering how you even know that code. -.-

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hey thanks lot, im now replying using ubuntu. Im wondering how you even know that code. -.-
    Glad it worked, the line on your screen in ALLCAPS tells you that fsck (filesystem check) has failed and to run it manually, thus the fsck command, at the start of the line it tells you which drive its failed on (/dev/sda5) thus you can work out that you need to run.
    fsck /dev/sd5
    As for the answering yes thats just 'cause it won't try to fix your system without your permission.
    There is NO such thing as a humble opinion
    Remember : RUNNING UNKNOWN COMMANDS CAN DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER
    Please read and ensure you understand the entire thread before posting to avoid redundant and/or irrelevant and/or misleading posts.