Thread: no multi-touch on acer 1410/ karmic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

no multi-touch on acer 1410/ karmic

I have one of the new acer aspire 1410 "netbooks." I installed karmic today without any problems. However for some reason there is no multi-touch. I turned on the multi-touch scroll in prefs and didn't get it (though I really don't want it - mainly I want 2 finger middle click). I know the hardware is capable from what it was doin ging vista.

Any ideas?

lsmod shows a psmouse;
    here's xinput:
    "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" id=9 [XExtensionPointer]
    Type is TOUCHPAD

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: no multi-touch on acer 1410/ karmic

Same problem here with Acer 1410. It's not that I'd really need it, but it would be nice to know, if it will even work.

Beans

Copied from another thread;

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Quote Originally Posted by HankB View Post
    Can you provide the particulars for this? I have not yet figured out how to get the "tap upper right for middle mouse click" working on my Eee PC 901 with Karmic. Scrolling and left/right click work fine.

thanks,
    hank
    See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...73&postcount=2. The prop you want to modify is "Synaptic Tap Action".

Code:
    Synaptics Tap Action (267):     2, 3, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3
    If memory serves the first figure is top-right, then bottom-right, then top-left, then bottom-left. 1 corresponds to the left mouse button, 2 to the middle and 3 to the right.

The last three figures are multi-finger taps, I think; one finger, two fingers, three fingers (if the pad supports it).
    So you want to set the next-to-last figure to 2 to get two-finger middle mouseclicks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I'm also having this problem. I've got an Asus EeePC 1005HA-P that has a multi-touch trackpad but setting the 'Two-finger Scrolling' option in the mouse settings doesn't work at all.

Edit: I'm running Ubuntu Netbook Remix. Anyone tried this on the desktop version of Ubuntu?