Thread: black screen every so often (wow)

Hybrid View

Beans

black screen every so often (wow)

so when im playing world of warcraft my screen goes black every so often and basically freezes my computer i cant exit the game or minimize the black screen. i figure and heard its a video file error, that i need to change or add something to my video card file. im not sure what to change/fix or where to find the video card foler file.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another bug
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    when i minimize wow, when its running fine, and try to get back into the game it kinda freaks out and looks like it trys to pull-up but then it minimizes again basically does a flashing act pop-up pop-down agiain and again and again.... and never gets anywhere just keeps flashing pop-up pop-down kinda thing. any pointers of what i shall do.

Thank You expirenced ubuntu users for your help!

oh and im running ubuntu jaunty 9.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: black screen every so often (wow)

Not being a gamer, are running WOW on windows or Linux?
    Tell use your computer specs, do you have a CPU monitor setup. I was talking to a person today and he mentioned that the WOW forum or whatever it is has a lot of virus issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

kill the gnome-screensaver and then run the game...

Beans

i am running it on windows through linux.

and where do i find the gnome=screensaver to kill it?