Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And next up... Lucid Lynx!

Beans

And next up... Lucid Lynx!

Off topic but read this at Distrowatch and couldn't resist:

Ubuntu 10.04

The infrastructure around the recently announced Ubuntu 10.04, code name "Lucid Lynx" and scheduled for release in April 2010, is being set up at a rapid pace. The first alpha release of the new LTS (long-term support) Ubuntu is now just two months away, scheduled for 3 December 2009. But the entire development cycle has been altered; instead of six alpha releases, one beta and one release candidate (as is the case with Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala"), the new version will have only three alphas, two betas and one quick release candidate - a total of six (rather than eight) development releases. The final build of Ubuntu 10.04 is scheduled for 29 April 2010. For further details please see the Lucid Release Schedule page on Ubuntu Wiki.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: And next up ............... Lucid Lynx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And nobody cares since you are a week late. Please search before you post next time.

Beans
    Distro

late but enthusiastic nonetheless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Since he is a week late, I'll hijack the thread...

Who will continue to test the upcoming LL release?

I want to continue to follow the development release of LL and then stay at LTS till the next LTS. I had a fun ride with Karmic development, and want to continue that. But when the LTS comes out I want to stay at that version for a couple of years again.
    Upgrade Ubuntu | Upgrade unsupported Ubuntu versions | Always backup | Howto upgrade flash
    Minimal CD install | Remove old kernels | My blog | Linux user #462801 | Conscience doth make cowards of us all. -- Shakespeare

Beans
    Distro

Two days after my birthday. Lynx nailed the time I'll need to get sober and install my present

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by slakkie View Post
    Since he is a week late, I'll hijack the thread...

Who will continue to test the upcoming LL release?

I want to continue to follow the development release of LL and then stay at LTS till the next LTS. I had a fun ride with Karmic development, and want to continue that. But when the LTS comes out I want to stay at that version for a couple of years again.
    I think I am going to skip on testing this one out, as classes have started back up and I really need both my notebook and desktop to be stable for me to work on projects and such. But that doesn't mean I won't be giving each milestone a quick look with the LiveCD when they are released!
    Yeah I know pirated copy of XP is free, but so is Ubuntu and it's LEGAL!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by motang View Post
    I think I am going to skip on testing this one out, as classes have started back up and I really need both my notebook and desktop to be stable for me to work on projects and such. But that doesn't mean I won't be giving each milestone a quick look with the LiveCD when they are released!
    Why not give ol' virtualbox a spin?

Beans
    Distro

I start at toolchain upload with every alpha & Lynx will be no exception--I'll stay with it for the 6 months & then move to the "M" release...............
    "Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favourite lines from AVATAR
    Linux User#395230
    Ubuntu User# 13498

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Since 'Badger' I have jumped in just as soon as I can edit my sources list. It's gotten much easier to run through from the 'beginning' of each release. Got an old partition ready for LL
    Look forward to 'seeing' you all in the new
    Lucid Lynx Testing and Discussion
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    And nobody cares since you are a week late. Please search before you post next time.
    Rude indeed.Who cares if he is a week late.Iam reading this here first.If there is already a thread for this, iam sure the mods can merge it on request.

The release cycle sounds interesting.Maybe having only 3 alphas will cut down the major breakages to 3 times.
    Last edited by rajeev1204; September 29th, 2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: trying to keep things calm :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast