Thread: Annoyance : Screensaver hangs my laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Annoyance : Screensaver hangs my laptop.

Once the screensaver has started, my laptop often hangs when I want to unlock from the screensaver. Earlier, it was limited to the event when the screensaver was removed with a left-click. It would work well, if the 'Enter' key was hit. Now, it has become completely irregular. Almost three out of five times, my laptop hangs when I want to bring out the laptop from screensaver.

This is also regardless of what/how many/heavy applications were running.

Needless to say, I have to removed (my current favorite) 'Polyhedra' screensaver.
    Debugging tip:
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    --- Sherlock Holmes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Annoyance : Screensaver hangs my laptop.

After some more annoying occurances, I think, the keyboard or mouse events are not correctly detected. That is, I have to hit a key or click the mouse button fairly hard so that the event is actually detected. Any softer approach probably confuses Ubuntu and it is unable to decide as to should it or not respond with the login screen.

I hope the next release will fix this annoyance that turns this soft-spoken person into a expletive-spitting, raging, towering inferno ready to crush anything within reach !!
    Debugging tip:
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    --- Sherlock Holmes.