Thread: mupen64plus

Beans

Question mupen64plus

Hi all,

I am having some troubles using mupen64plus (The N64 Emulator), mainly I get a small, uncloseable popup that states simply "ERROR: Cannot set display mode", and now more recently "The core thread recieved a SIGSEGV signal".

To clarify some technical points, I am running Debian Testing, and for those that don't know it's what Ubuntu is based upon, and is basically the same thing as whatever new version comes around. My pc specs are as follows:

intel core 2 duo 2.2 ghz (32 bit)
    1 gb RAM
    nvidia geForce 8400M GS
    1280x800 24-bit LCD display

Graphics drivers are the latest from nVidia, 185 i believe. I had the thing working, I was playing F-Zero X, closed it, and tried to open Ocarina of Time, and these errors started. No config changes, no hardware swaps, no nothing.

If anyone has more expertise in this area than me, please feel more than welcome to help me out. Thanks ahead of time!

Mitch

Beans

Re: mupen64plus

Hello!

If you changed nothing else you might be suffering from
    broken configuration files.

You can try to create a new user (with fresh desktop)
    and check if it still happens for that new user.

If not you can try to cleanup your configuration files
    for the application. Is there any directory like
    Code:
    ls -d ~/.mup*
    ?

Beans

ah, thanks for the reply

There is a ~/.mupen64plus directory... I'll delete it and see how the program responds, although i attempted purging the program and all dependencies and reinstalling it, and that didn't change the issue.

Also, now every couple boots GDM refuses to start, but i can still login at tty1 and issue 'startx' and my xfce-session comes up just fine... side effect of purging?

thanks again,

Mitch

Beans

TRY to download from this site http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/downloads/list the deb file can be more unstable than the binary package
    then just unzip and run the program