Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte T1028M collective thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Gigabyte T1028M collective thread

Quote Originally Posted by nsk7even View Post
    haaaach ... I am thinking about downgrading to Karmic
    hehe yeah i have started to think the same way.....but i dont want to really wipe and do a clean install :/
    Given that God is infinite, and given that the Universe is infinite... would you like a toasted tea cake?

The best accelerator available for a Mac is one that causes it to go at 9.81 m/s2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Give this one a try before giving up all hopes. it worked on my used* and clean** Lucid install for the past few hours and a few reboots for each used and clean Lucid install.

I have done 2 things straight from installation, before halt the live CD, to get the touchpad and touchscreen both working.

added "i8042.noloop=1 usbhid.quirks=0xeef:0x1:0x40" to "/boot/grub/grub.cfg" at the end of the linux line

and black listed "usbtouchscreen" in "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf"

I don't see why it wouldn't work for used install. I would recommend to change "/etc/default/grub" and do "sudo update-grub" instead of changing "/boot/grub/grub.cfg" directly.

* It worked on my previous used Lucid install but I did a clean install to make sure it works not because something else I did.

**Clean as in formatted partitions, I still left OEM Win7, Win7 recover and Win7 bootloader, only asked Win7 bootloader to point to grub2 in the formatted partition.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

OK, I just got a t1028c, the touchpad works perfectly, thanks...
    But I can't get the touchscreen to work. It just jumps around erratically as described in previous posts. I have tried everything, but nothing works. Can somebody give me a straightforward instruction on how to make it work? (it's UNE 10.04)
    Thanks,
    Jake

(edit) Woohoo! I got it working by following the above instructions again, and REMOVING the eGalx driver!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Emperor Jake; June 27th, 2010 at 03:21 AM.

Beans

Hi all,

I have been following this thread for a while, but this is my first post. @leunvcy your tips worked a charm getting my touchscreen working again! I have a t1028x with Ubuntu Netbook Edition 9.10 upgraded to 10.04, and then hacked back to a desktop-looking system.

Thanks for the fix - really appreciate it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Oh yess!!!

Before trying I was sure to have tested this combination as well, but obviously not! Now it works for me as well!

THank you leunvcy for summarising those steps!

Remark:
    Even blacklisting usbtouchscreen in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf will load this module, if it is listed in /etc/modules

//Edit: My permanent waiting cursor stays the same. So this has to be another issue, not related to the touchscreen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

How can nobody be having trouble with the wifi?
    Please tell me what you did to make it work.
    My wifi works only sporadically... and even then I have to activate it first (as described in previous posts) But I've tried madwifi (which didn't work) and ndiswrapper (which only works 20% of the time.

THanks,
    Jake

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Re: Gigabyte T1028M collective thread

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

HEY MEN UPDATE YOUR THREAD

YOU HAVE BUG IN LINE 9.10 / grub2: modify /etc/defaults/grub and modify the "splash quiet" line by including 'i8042.noloop=1'. Afterwards run update-grub2.

THERE NEED TO BE /etc/default/grub - not that "DEFAULTS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on T1028 WORK NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

here is your original:
    Problem: Touchpad not working.
    Solution:
    9.04 / grub: modify /boot/grub/menu.lst by adding 'i8042.noloop=1' at the end of the line(s) starting with "linux" (containing the uuid of the root partition)
    9.10 / grub2: modify /etc/defaults/grub and modify the "splash quiet" line by including 'i8042.noloop=1'. Afterwards run update-grub2.
    You can test this by adding 'i8042.noloop=1' in the grub menu at boot.
    (Thanks to http://0x42.org/blog/archives/62-Ubu...uchscreen.html and http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1230484 )

Beans

My pc is hot while in linux even without anything started. How to fix it? In default windows 7 it is quiet and cold.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Do you have this "mouse pointer always shows the waiting icon"-problem also?

I still have not solved this (and sometimes are encountering this on my main pc as well!).
    And I can imagine that there is some background process doing silly things which turn the mouse pointer into waiting state and maybe increase cpu load.
    Sometimes when shutting down I have an unknown process not responding and maybe this has something to do with this... but because it is an "unknown process" I don't know how to debug this further.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@leunvcy, Thanks, works on T1028X

got everything running, told my Dad (the other *unix geek in the family) that I finally got it going rebooted; it didn't work.

missed the blackilst usbtouchscreen. << did that works now.

(anyone find the touch pad actually seems better in 10.04 than Win7?)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast