Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiffy New (Unstable) Gnucash

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Spiffy New (Unstable) Gnucash

Quote Originally Posted by desp View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I've just installed your .deb and GnuCash 2.0.0 with HBCI is working like a charm.

The last version I had installed was 1.9.5, compiled from source, and it was a bit of a pain to get HBCI with AqBanking working. Now with the checkinstall .deb, I only had to install the package and re-run the HBCI wizard and everything worked -the re-run seemed to be required simply because my HBCI settings were removed after I uninstalled gnucash-1.9.5.

Cheers.
    No worries

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by kleeman View Post
    No none. The reason I did this was because the Debian infrastructure is not in place yet so I used checkinstall to generate debs. A better long term solution would be a backport.

For those interested I generated a new deb with ofx import and directconnect capability (i.e. get your data directly from your bank). To set it up you need to do two things which aren't obvious:

1) Launch Tools---> HBCI Setup and on the second page of the wizard launch the aqhbci wizard with the ofx option checked

2) There is a bug in the aqofx package meaning a library is misplaced. To fix do the following

cd /usr/lib

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/aqbanking/plugins/0/providers/aqofxconnect.so.1.0.1 libaqofxconnect.so.0

Works then.

Here is the new deb:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=133573

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any usage of this software.
    Thanks for making this package. I just installed it and, unfortunately, I get the following error when I run '/usr/local/bin/gnucash':

gnucash-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libgsf-gnome-1.so.113: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas? (I'm using Kubuntu Dapper, don't have any previous versions of GnuCash installed. Have been trying unsuccessfully to get Quicken 2006 running through wine and would love to use a linux app instead.) Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Try
    sudo apt-get install libgsf-gnome-1-113

You must not have some gnome libraries installed because you have Kubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks. That worked---and got me to another library I don't have. This time the error is that 'libgnutls.so.11' is missing. Is there a way I can derive the names of the packages from the error messages so I don't have to keep bugging you with questions? (Before I posted, I had tried 'sudo apt-get install libsf-gnome-1.so.113', but that guess was slightly off. Now, for the new error, I've tried 'sudo apt-get install libgnutls-11', but that doesn't work.) Thanks again . . .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/s...pper&arch=i386

Generally, I try to search p.u.c and can usually find the package I'm looking for.
    I love this smiley!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Yeah, I managed to find the next couple by search in Adept. I guess that works well enough. But there's no standard convention so that you don't have to search/guess?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kleeman
    No none. The reason I did this was because the Debian infrastructure is not in place yet so I used checkinstall to generate debs. A better long term solution would be a backport.
    K... that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kleeman
    First off, thanks... it installed fine and runs like a charm!

For some reason I don't have that HCBI stuff in the Tools menu though... just 4 entries and that's not one of them. In case it matters, I did only install this package and not the one posted earlier. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Okay, sorry to keep peppering this thread with questions. I got past all the library problems but now have others. On my first run, the program started to walk through a setup process but crashed in the middle. Now, when I run, it crashes right after the splash screen shows. The terminal gives this output:

X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    /bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: No such file or directory
    ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
    ERROR: Unable to find file "slib/init/guile.init" in load path

Thanks again and sorry again . . .

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ScislaC View Post
    K... that makes sense.

First off, thanks... it installed fine and runs like a charm!

For some reason I don't have that HCBI stuff in the Tools menu though... just 4 entries and that's not one of them. In case it matters, I did only install this package and not the one posted earlier. Any ideas?
    Fire up synaptic and search for libaqbank and install those packages (there are a few). Then search for hbci and install the one package there.

I'm assuming this is why you don't see the menu item. With my system I have five entries in the menu.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by djaya2 View Post
    Thanks. That worked---and got me to another library I don't have. This time the error is that 'libgnutls.so.11' is missing. Is there a way I can derive the names of the packages from the error messages so I don't have to keep bugging you with questions? (Before I posted, I had tried 'sudo apt-get install libsf-gnome-1.so.113', but that guess was slightly off. Now, for the new error, I've tried 'sudo apt-get install libgnutls-11', but that doesn't work.) Thanks again . . .
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libgnutls11
    without the hyphen should work

For a list of package dependencies required by gnucash 2.0.0, have a look at the debian package in the unstable distribution. The link is for version 1.9.8, but the dependencies should be the same for 2.0.0: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/gnome/gnucash

I reckon if you install libgnome2-0, it should pull most of the dependencies via apt for you.

Cheers

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast