Thread: kpackakekit, konsole, upgrades and installing programs

Beans

kpackakekit, konsole, upgrades and installing programs

hi guys
    i am facing an issue about two days now
    kpackagekit is useless , even console updating or upgrading just can't be done anymore
    after some surfing i decided to try avast, but for hell knows what reason installation failed ( dependency problems)( i tried the .deb files from official site)
    now the failed install hangs on kpackagekit and konsole
    i surfed for two day now and the advices found proved useless for me (i even installed an patch for utf)(on nabble i found a discussion list, i tried some advices from it)
    if i try to upgrade programs, install some, refresh kpackagekit, i get this error

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/packagekit/daemonBackend.py", line 109, in run threading.Thread.run(self) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 477, in run self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs) File "/usr/lib/packagekit/aptDBUSBackend.py", line 168, in wrapper func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/packagekit/aptDBUSBackend.py", line 1326, in doRefreshCache self._check_init((0,10)) File "/usr/lib/packagekit/aptDBUSBackend.py", line 1756, in _check_init self._cache.clear() File "/usr/lib/packagekit/aptDBUSBackend.py", line 246, in clear self._depcache.Init() SystemError: E:The package avast4server needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

apt-get tells me about avast and closes

aptitude gives me this

E: I wasn't able to locate file for the avast4server package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
    Writing extended state information... Done
    E: I wasn't able to locate file for the avast4server package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
    E: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download

i tried to manually manage the install, but i get the first error

the install -f, --cofigure -a commands solve nothing
    can any of you help? even with a link to documentation, so to be able to solve it by myself and eventually understand what broke
    thanks in advance
    best regards

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: kpackakekit, konsole, upgrades and installing programs

Sorry no one has gotten back to you. Okay. Does apt-get work at all? Tell me what is error is (if any) for the following command.

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    It should scroll through a list of repositories.

Let me know and I will do what I can to help you out.
    "I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the Ubuntu crawler. I am Darkwing Duck!"