Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MSI WInd U210 AMD Ralink WiFi Card HELP!!!

Beans

Re: MSI WInd U210 AMD Ralink WiFi Card HELP!!!

Hey guys...I have a msi u210 with Vista installed...And i would soooo much prefer a linux distribution like unbuntu on my netbook...I usually use ubuntu 9.04 on my pc and I love it.

I've read your posts and I'm a bit worried to install ubuntu on my netbook....Would you suggest me to try? Or it's a no go for a casual ubuntu user?

If yes, which ubuntu version would you suggest???

Thanks

Daniel

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I can confirm the PPA works with Kubuntu 9.10 i386 on open networks and WEP encrypted networks (not sure about WPA haven't tested). Haven't tried x86-64 yet wither.

Also based on testing the ndiswrapper appears to be what was keeping me from being able to suspend properly. When I compile from source or use the PPA suspend works fine, but hangs on trying to suspend with ndiswrapper is loaded.

imsael, I would suggest using 9.10 with the PPA to install the wireless drivers. The PPA is really easy to install, just need a wired connection long enough to run "sudo add-apt-sources ppa:markus-tisoft/rt3090" and install rt3090sta using synaptic or command line.

Beans

Just installed karmic 64bits and it works great with the PPA...

I thought it would be more complicated then that with all the post above...Sounds work, energy saver, wifi....And it's much faster then Vista...Thanks a lot fo your help!!!

Daniel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Well it seems like we have found the solution to this issue,so is everyone alright with me marking this as solved?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

+1 for solved

Good to hear the ppa has been confirmed to work with x86_64. Looking forward to installing 64bit on one of the other partitions soon.

Beans
    Distro

yeah i'm glad to hear that too. I'm interested in finding out how the 64bit version is working out for those who are using it.

Beans

Correction.....About tue wi-fi. It will work with WEP security settings....but I haven'T succeed to make it work in WPA or WPA2...

But the rest is fine and works pretty well.....and again......soooo much faster then vista!!

Beans

-- ryman102990

9.10 64-bit appears to work just as well as i386 .. WEP works but when I try to connect to my WPA it connects but fails to get an IP .. btw I am using the driver from ppa.launchpad.net/markus-tisoft/ . When I try a static config, I get connected but traffic fails to go anywhere. So the failure seems to be with the WPA connection.

Beans
    Distro

Alright, well it seems that we need to open up a new thread for this problem. I'll post the link here once I have it set up.

Beans
    Distro

Okay, I have started 2 new threads:

For help on WPA connection, I have started a thread here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1313132

I don't know the solution, but hopefully somebody will. Start posting and hopefully something will get done.

For help with the internal mic and webcam, I started a thread here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1313138

Again, don't have any solutions for these problems, but hopefully somebody else will.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast