Thread: Intel Graphics Card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Intel Graphics Card

Hi everyone, I ask for assistance.

I've installed Ubuntu 9.04 along with additional software on my Acer Aspire 5315 laptop. Everytime I run the additional software I get the blue screen along with the background music playing.

I'm aware that it's my graphics card, and I've been told that's quite a horrible card as well.

Is there anyway of installing the GL960 Intel graphic card drivers for my Acer 5315 on Ubuntu? I can't find any support on the Intel website. The graphics were excellent when I ran XP and Vista, but I honestly don't want to go back to Windows, I prefer Ubuntu, all I need is my graphics to work.

Thank you so much in advance,
    Kind regards,
    Ron-Alain.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Intel Graphics Card

Can someone please help me!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Intel Graphics Card

By all accounts this graphics card is a b******r.

I have no experience with it, but perhaps in moving this post to the top someone who can help will see it.

Ubuntu forums are a double edged sword. Lots of people willing to help, but the forum is that busy posts can get lost.

By the way Cannonical the company will support you for a fee. That`s what they do. Everyone here is just a volunteer.

Good luck and I`m sorry you had a bad experience with your first Ubuntu install.