Thread: Show Only Icons in the Window List Applet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Show Only Icons in the Window List Applet

I want to show only icons in the window list applet, rather than the entire name of the window, is this possible in GNOME/Ubuntu or even Kubuntu and Xubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Show Only Icons in the Window List Applet

window-picker-applet displays only icons for any windows which aren't maximised. It may suit you, but it's as near to only icons as I can find.

Code:
    sudo aptitude install window-picker-applet
    Or install from Synaptic Package Manager. You can add it to the panel just like window list once installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Marflus View Post
    window-picker-applet displays only icons for any windows which aren't maximised. It may suit you, but it's as near to only icons as I can find.

Code:
    sudo aptitude install window-picker-applet
    Or install from Synaptic Package Manager. You can add it to the panel just like window list once installed.
    Yeah, that's the problem, I need it for maximized as well. Plus, the wind-picker applet shows the currently focused app in all workspaces, not a good idea.
    Last edited by coldReactive; September 24th, 2009 at 12:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hrm, then unless you fancy editing the source code of window-picker I'm not much use, I'm afraid. I don't know of any applets that do what you want.

Beans

Try dockbar or dockbarx. The latter is the experimental version of dockbar. It's got a few more features and it's rock solid stable on my system.

The only thing that annoys me about the applet is that you can't (well, I can't see how to anyway) set it to show only windows on the current workspace. This might not bother you.