Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVDs don't mount don't eject

Beans

Re: DVDs don't mount don't eject

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    @ executorvs
    I can see you've searched some prior threads concerning timelines, why don't you edit in your model number just in case something specific to it shows up
    may seem dumb but given the two hours of sleep I had last night(6-8ishAM) and the fact that it's already 2:30AM I'm not sure I follow. at current I'm subscribed to every 4810T/5810T/Acer Timeline thread/bug report I've found on launchpad and the forums and then a few others because they looked similar.

my eyes are feel like they're burning right now which means I should go to sleep soon... just need to finish paper.

Beans

Was only asking because posts have come up occasionally for quite some time about acer timelines and they usually mention this model or that model and you didn't.
    at current I'm subscribed to every 4810T/5810T/Acer Timeline thread/bug report
    You seem to be on top of it

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Problem SOLVED

After the latest brasero udate the problem seems to be fixed, thanks to all who participated
    ____________________ooOOoo____________________
    GREETINGS FROM ISTANBUL
    ____________________ooOOoo____________________

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I got the problem to pop back up when I tried to use Sound Juicer. In full glory.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Grimhound

this sounds more like bug #397734 (the eject button on drive doesn't work when mounted)

when i play a dvd-video it mounts and plays ok now with this new libbrasero-media0 2.28.1. i cant eject using the drive button but can unmount/eject using nautilus, then drive button works again until i insert another dvd-video.

basically until bug #397734 is fixed (which fix has been commited for review but not released) you are going to get this problem where the drive button doesn't work until you unmount/eject the drive or logoff and back in.

hope this helps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123