Thread: audacity plug-ins

Beans

audacity plug-ins

sorry if this is the wrong spot. Seems like it would go under multimedia so here I am. Before we get into it, I just upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 if that matters or not.

Anyway I have downloaded plugins for audacity, CAPS plug ins and I was wondering how do I go about install this? I've looked around for answers maybe I didn't look hard enough or maybe I wasn't able to make sense of what I did find, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Still kind of knew to this.

Now if I could only get Autodesk Maya, and Photoshop, and a couple games working in Linux I'd kill windows.

Beans

Re: audacity plug-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric Camel View Post
    I have downloaded plugins for audacity, CAPS plug ins and I was wondering how do I go about install this?
    Have you downloaded them 'manually' or did you install their respective packages?

I think if you install them from the repositories they should automatically show op in Audacity.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by raboofje View Post
    Have you downloaded them 'manually' or did you install their respective packages?

I think if you install them from the repositories they should automatically show op in Audacity.
    I downloaded them manually, don't know any other way (still trying to get away from the windows mentality). If there is a better way to install this or whatever some help would be greatly appreciated. Like I said I'm still new and don't really know my way around the terminal, I've been reading help files and other posts on this forum to do what I have done so far.

Beans
    Hidden!

Just open synaptic or Add/Remove and search for caps and you can install it and it will be available automatically in audacity. Look also at tap-plugins and swh-plugins, both of which I use.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Just open synaptic or Add/Remove and search for caps and you can install it and it will be available automatically in audacity. Look also at tap-plugins and swh-plugins, both of which I use.
    Thank you very much I never thought of checking synaptic, didn't honestly think it would be there. I also tried Add/Remove and it didn't show up there. But synaptic worked, thank you very much. I was going to get into Ardour but it's hard to get my setup working in there so audacity wins. Thanks again for the help.