Thread: Xubuntu inside VirtualBox 2.2.4 can't find VBox shares

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Xubuntu inside VirtualBox 2.2.4 can't find VBox shares

I have used virtualBox before and loved being able to use XP without restarting for small windows only tasks. Well this month I had decided to build a distro based off Xubuntu but with a reworked/modified GUI. Only problem is I get this while mounting a VirtualBox share:

Code:
    sudo: unable to resolve host AS-WORKSTATION-01
    cjohnson@AS-WORKSTATION-01:~$ sudo mount -t vboxsf daniel /mnt/share
    sudo: unable to resolve host AS-WORKSTATION-01
    cjohnson@AS-WORKSTATION-01:~$ modprobe vboxvfs
    WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/oss-compat, it will be ignored in a future release.
    cjohnson@AS-WORKSTATION-01:~$
    I made the folder the share is supposed to go in, but it won't work. I have yet to find another way to carry over the theme stuff I made outside the VBox session either.

Also noticed USB drives aren't spotted by VBox sessions with Linux inside. Any ideas on this?

Beans

Re: Xubuntu inside VirtualBox 2.2.4 can't find VBox shares

Advice, go to virtualbox.org and download ver 3 and uninstall your present version, you are going to see a lot of difference from one version to the next
    First they ignore you.Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.Then you win.Gandhi
    Linux para las masas
    Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Xubuntu inside VirtualBox 2.2.4 can't find VBox shares

Will do.

EDIT: After removing and installing Virtual Box to update it to 3.0.6, Xubuntu decided it had gone through enough and messed up some network stuff, so that broke any chance of sharing stuff with it EVER.

Going to try again, but to make sure this isn't just a Xubuntu thing, I'll try Mint 7 for now.
    Last edited by Zachs Kappler; September 21st, 2009 at 05:18 AM. Reason: later that night....