Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live CD Installer Hangs at 'Creating User" With Encrypted /home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Live CD Installer Hangs at 'Creating User" With Encrypted /home

Quote Originally Posted by andrewabc View Post
    Hmm, maybe if you had connected to your wireless network before installing ubuntu it would have already been installed and remembered it?
    Never had to do that in 8.10 or 9.04 even in the pre-release Alpha's I used. Its okay, I've figured out how to get it all working now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by novafluxx View Post
    I've recently tried installing Alpha 6 the past couple days, clean install, formatting the old partitions. In the LiveCD, it hung around 83% for over 10 minutes and never progressed, with my HDD activity light on the entire time.
    [...]
    Once 9.10 comes out I'd very much like to use an encrypted /home or whole-disk encryption.
    I experienced this, too. I believe it's related to encrypted home and its friend, encrypted swap. I run "top" in the terminal and figured out that behind the scenes, dd was used to overwrite ALL swap devices from /dev/null. As I had two 4 GB swap partitions (on two separate disks), the process took quite a while.

The only problem I can see is that below the progress bar the installer said "Creating user...". It should have said "Initializing encrypted swap."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12