Thread: ubuntu 9.1 alpha wont open folders or files

Beans

ubuntu 9.1 alpha wont open folders or files

Ubuntu 9.1, I just intalled the latest what i guess is an upgrade for the beta release of 9.1 and i am now unable to open any folders. The internet and everything words but I am unable to open say "home" folder or "picutures". i also can not open an external hardrive. A starting up box will appear in the bottom task bar and then just dissappear. Is there a way to uninstall this update and go back to ubuntu 9.04? thank you for your time.

Josh

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: ubuntu 9.1 alpha wont open folders or files

at the boot menu select the previous kernel you had before you went to alpha then uninstall alpha kernel! please consult more advice on this issue tho!
    Ubuntu Christian Edition chat on irc at server: OFTC/channel: #ubuntuCE
    BootInfoScript DualBooting
    Grub Grub2 MBR/GRUB
    Boot Info Script courtesy of community member meierfra and ghulselmans

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Please tell me you backed up all of your important files!

Please!

Karmic has not even reached the Beta stage. It is still an Alpha. And if you were able to install the "latest", which is Alpha 6, you have already gotten farther than many of us have with it, since it has proven to be an installation nightmare for many.

As an Alpha, it is NOT recommended for production use. That is: It is intended for testing only.

How did you "update"?

Beans

Oh crap!! i thought only i have the problem with the installation. It seems that there are others like me. I can't even load it because the GRUB is missing!! tried twice to install it and neither is successful.