Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visualizer for Banshee?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Visualizer for Banshee?

I looked around for an answer for this already, and did not find one. Is there a visualizer plug in for Banshee? It's my favorite audio player and works the best for me from what I have found. Is there a visualizer for it though? I really wish there was. It would then be the ultimate player...
    Check out my Youtube channel for some awesome gaming videos, including Dragonforce, "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert Performance Mode from Guitar Hero III. My Youtube Channel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Visualizer for Banshee?

I found this. But it seems to be a work in progress.

Beans
    Distro

Hmm...any other ideas? I found the following, but I'm not sure how it would work...

http://www.nabble.com/Visualization-...d21941955.html
    Check out my Youtube channel for some awesome gaming videos, including Dragonforce, "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert Performance Mode from Guitar Hero III. My Youtube Channel

Beans
    Distro

I'm gonna give this one a bump. I know there are other people out there who love Banshee, but wish it had a visualizer.

Beans

I would look into ProjectM. Its not a plugin for Banshee, but it works with PulseAudio, so really it will work for anything that makes sound on your computer.

I like it alot, and its not quite as nice as being integrated, but its not that much trouble to get it up and running and it is definitely much better than the usual GOOM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by koolcracker View Post
    I would look into ProjectM. Its not a plugin for Banshee, but it works with PulseAudio, so really it will work for anything that makes sound on your computer.

I like it alot, and its not quite as nice as being integrated, but its not that much trouble to get it up and running and it is definitely much better than the usual GOOM.
    It looks good, but it doesn't appear there's any EASY way to install it. (Of course, there's http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-how...isualizer.html, but I meant deb or ppa.)

Beans

Hi Koolcracker,

Quote Originally Posted by koolcracker View Post
    I will admit to being quite partial to goom, screenshot attached...

Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't know much about third party plugins for Banshee, but as far as adding visualizer support to the main Banshee project, this is the bug that you're looking for. It hasn't gotten much attention in a little while, but if lots of people go there and quietly subscribe themselves, developers will notice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by nortexoid View Post
    It looks good, but it doesn't appear there's any EASY way to install it. (Of course, there's http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-how...isualizer.html, but I meant deb or ppa.)
    I know this is a pretty late addition but I just typed projectM into the software center and downloaded it (it doesn't actually work because by graphics switch on my laptop doesn't work, but I assume it works for anyone with 3D graphics enabled on their computer) so that's super easy, it's entirely probable that it got into the repository after your reply. just wanted to OP to know that they just have to type it into the software center/synaptic/whatever.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Just wanted to let you all know I just did the install of projectM.

Works great. took me a little bit to figure out how to get it to work on my system. My video card has HDMI out and it is picked up by projectM as well. By default it used this audio out and gave me no visuals.

Hitting 'm' will give you the visual menu
    Hitting 'b' after that will give you the access you need.

Under 'settings' -> 'pulse audio settings' you will be able to select you output.

I did have some issues with it. I'm not sure the extent, but it sucked up some memory when it crashed, 2.1GB.

So far loving the application over all. Seems to work with even system sounds, if you really care to visually see when you have a system event.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast