Thread: Very weird and need help please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Very weird and need help please

So I am experiencing a weird freeze on my Desktop running 9.04. It seems to happen whenever I run either Cedega or Fuseiso (those are the only ones I have tried).

When I open the programs they work fine, however when I try and browse with them I get a window that pops up and is clear at the same time. If I hover over it with my mouse it starts to reveal parts of the folder. But by that time it is starting to slow up and eventually freezes. I am truly at a loss. I don't remember it doing this on my laptop at all.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Very weird and need help please

The How-To-Geek http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/ubuntu/ubuntu-tips/

The final and most influential thing anyone will ever teach you is to be independent of the influence of others.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HolyShnikes View Post
    So I am experiencing a weird freeze on my Desktop running 9.04. It seems to happen whenever I run either Cedega or Fuseiso (those are the only ones I have tried).

When I open the programs they work fine, however when I try and browse with them I get a window that pops up and is clear at the same time. If I hover over it with my mouse it starts to reveal parts of the folder. But by that time it is starting to slow up and eventually freezes. I am truly at a loss. I don't remember it doing this on my laptop at all.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    sometimes the window manager may have a discrepancy with any particular programme for whatever reason on the screen as such have you tried pressing F11

Beans
    Distro

Well it actually isnt fuseiso. I thought I installed it (which I did, but I uninstalled it) but it is actually furiusiso that is causing the crash.

I tried hitting F11. It did nothing. I had to reboot.
    Last edited by HolyShnikes; September 16th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Okay, it seemed that any program that I run that requires a browse for a program. The windows get all funky and freezes. It is really annoying. Any help would really be appreciated. I cant really do anything that I want to without browsing.

Beans
    Distro

None of these problems are on my laptop. Could it be a problem with my nvidia drivers on my desktop?

Beans
    Distro

*Bump*

I think I found the problem. I was experimenting with some settings and I found that if I have the visual effects on none I can browse files and do anything. But if I put them on again, either normal or extra, is when it freezes.

Any suggestions now? Seems to be a video card problem. I have a nVidia nforce 750a SLI chipset built in with my motherboard. It shares memory with my system (8gb).

Beans
    Distro

Re: Visual Settings help

*Bump* Please I need help. I want to be able to run my full settings on the visual effects (which I know I should be able to run). But I want to be able to browse files in programs like furiusiso cedega, and Giver without having to change my settings every time I want to.

Beans
    Distro

*bump*