Thread: Editing Videos (OGV) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Editing Videos (OGV) in Ubuntu

First and foremost... let's get the stuff I can't do out of the way:

-- I can't use avidemux, don't wish to compile from source to get OGV Support

-- I can't use Open Movie Editor, since its interface is extremely annoying.

Any recommendations on what editor I should use that I don't have to compile from source to install?

If you can't give me one, give me a place that I can upload over 500+ MB per video file and accepts OGV, and doesn't have a silly 10 minute limit like Youtube does. I also can't be bothered to sign up for extra status (IE: MotionMaker on DailyMotion) to upload videos.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Editing Videos (OGV) in Ubuntu

Just tried cinelerra, no good either.

Just tried LiVES, no good either.
    Last edited by coldReactive; September 16th, 2009 at 11:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I like Pitivi. It's simple and does the job well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I like Pitivi. It's simple and does the job well.
    Can you tell me how to split an OGV from a specific point to the end of the file, and delete the first part of the split, then move the split part at the end so that it renders the last part of the split?

Sorry if that sounds confusing but it's the best I can explain. There ARE NO TUTORIALS that are text-only (I hate video tutorials) on how to split videos correctly in PiTiVi.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Can you tell me how to split an OGV from a specific point to the end of the file, and delete the first part of the split, then move the split part at the end so that it renders the last part of the split?

Sorry if that sounds confusing but it's the best I can explain. There ARE NO TUTORIALS that are text-only (I hate video tutorials) on how to split videos correctly in PiTiVi.
    Drag the extremities of the video or use the split function, select and delete the one you don't want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Drag the extremities of the video or use the split function, select and delete the one you don't want.
    Doing so causes a big black part of the video to render before the part I want to show, when using the split function. I can't drag the video selection either, cause then the end goes farther off according to the end time above the time line. If I drag the end portion that I want to only show, then it works, somewhat, some of the portion that happens right before the portion I cut out renders with the portion I want to render, but I don't want that.

After about 6+ tries, I finally got it to do what I want.

Beans

See here:
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/He...gg_Video_Tools

apt-get install oggz-tools
    man oggz-chop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Stupid suggestion ahead:

Get your own webserver or make one at home. I dont really publish videos on the net but I figure if you dont want restrictions on 'free' providers... the way to go is get your own.

On the editing part, I'm with you. Some stuff here is really complicated to use. Gonna try pitivi though.

ELP
    HTPC: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 mobo, Amd A8-5600k APU, 6GB RAM, 120GB Crucial SSD Ubuntu Mate 15.04, 500GB Windows XP SP3, HDMI Video, 5.1ch Analog Audio, XBMC/Kodi