Thread: Will my logitech speakers ever work?

Beans

Will my logitech speakers ever work?

Hi all-

I am new to using a linux os due to the fact that I went away on vacation and came back to a dead pc. Since the idiots at Compac don't give windows disc out I had nothing to reinstall vista with so I said the hell with it.

Anyways, so far so good. I am learning my way slowly and through trial and error.

The problem I am having is that I have a set of logitech x240 speakers - 2 satellites and a subwoofer. I get sound out of the subwoofer but not the smaller speakers so the sound I do get is very muffled. I have tried looking for drivers but can't find any.

Any suggestions? The speakers worked great before windows crapped out.

Beans

Re: Will my logitech speakers ever work?

bump......anyone???????

Beans

Unless these speakers have on-board sound processing and hook up via USB, I doubt it's your speakers. It's either your soundcard or your mixer settings.

I'm unfamiliar with Gnome's mixer but if it's anything like Xfce's (which is very likely), you're looking for a setting which controls how many channels to output in. Try both the 2.1 and the 2.0 configuration.

Should look at least similar to this: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6489/screenshotchn.png

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Open a terminal and type:

Code:
    alsamixer
    See if everything is turned up.

Beans

had the oposite problem mine always worked ... had to blacklisten them maybe you wanna trade?

edit: maybe you wanna blacklisten your other sound-devices (if there is only one, that will be used)
    Last edited by ubongo2008; September 17th, 2009 at 04:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Right click your speaker icon and select open volume control. Check your sound levels. Also click the preferences button in volume control.

Beans

I have everything turned up in the preferences. My sound card shows up when I check it......

ETA: when I did the alsamixer, I have all the levels up and I can still only hear sound from my subwoofer.
    Last edited by kids0406; September 17th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kids0406 View Post
    I have everything turned up in the preferences. My sound card shows up when I check it......

ETA: when I did the alsamixer, I have all the levels up and I can still only hear sound from my subwoofer.
    Did you set the channel mode correctly?

Also, what sound card/chipset are you using?